Joe Girardi out as Yankees manager, report says
Some suggested that it was contingent upon how much money Girardi, who made $4 million this year, sought in a new deal. After an up-and-down decade, it might just have been time for a new voice leading the clubhouse.
Union is slated to star in the project, but franchise stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, who respectively played detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett, are not attached. This set up some comedic friction between the two title characters, as the over-protective brother didn't initially approve of the couple. According to Deadline, the untitled project is now being shopped to networks, and would focus on Bad Boys II star Gabrielle Union's character. Jerry Bruckheimer, the producer of Bad Boys film franchise, Doug Belgrad of his 2.0 Entertainment and Primary Wave Entertainment banners, and B. Sony Pictures TV Studios are behind the spinoff, which The Blacklist writers and producers Brandon Margolis and Brandon Sonnier are on board to write. For Union, considering her current series Being Mary Jane is due to come to an end next year, this is flawless timing if the show does indeed go ahead.
The news comes as there is still no clear decision as to whether Bad Boys For Life (Bad Boys 3) will ever actually happen. While the Bad Boys films were fun action romps, the troubles that have gone into trying to get this third film made have perhaps shown that its time had come to an end.
- Soldier returned by Pakistan court martialed in India
- Sachin Pilot challenges Rajasthan gag and shield ordinance in High Court
- ZOTAC Announces their GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Graphics Cards
- 'Complex' $6.97b profit expected from ANZ
- Hurricanes hit American Airlines profit
- Barrick Gold Aims for Final Tanzania Deal by Mid
- Nicki Minaj 'Fought' Kanye West to Keep 'Monster' on His Album
- STRANGER THINGS 2 is Getting an After Show on Netflix
- Supersonic Bloodhound vehicle in first public test before world record attempt
- Indigenous population growing quickly on PEI