Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere were named among the substitutes once again and it's testament to the squad depth which gives Wenger the option of bringing such big names off the bench, with the likes of Alex Iwobi and Francis Coquelin also included.
"The way Mesut played, created chances and got the goal was crucial". Their keeper kept them in the game.
It was the first time Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette started a game together and Arsenal's attack unsurprisingly looked the best it has all season. "Ozil as well. The two of them were sharp physically, very mobile and if you have their individual quality, that makes them unsafe against any defender", Wenger said after the win over Ronald Koeman's side, as quoted on Arsenal's official site. The German worldwide, who has been subject of transfer speculation in recent days, was named Man of the Match and unsurprisingly lavished with praise by his manager. He was superb. Agile, quick, intelligent.
"The players and myself always only have one response, [which] is what is happening on the football pitch".
"He was superb", said Wenger.
Ozil and Sanchez's contracts have been talk of the town for several months with both players yet to sign an extension with the club.
USMNT name new interim head coach
Gulati originally said the USA would play two friendlies during the worldwide break but it appears there will now just be the one. Sarachan is a long-time assistant under Bruce Arena, who resigned earlier this month after the U.S.
But Wright believes the 29-year-old will continue to receive flack until he performs in the bigger matches. The reality is that their opponents were very bad, that two of those three will be free to sign with another club in 69 days' time and that a top-four finish would remain a formidable achievement for Arsenal.
"We were a little bit unlucky in front of goal but especially in the second half we showed our quality".
With the extra man, how many we'd score was the only thing in question and thanks to Alexis we able to notch another very late goal as he skipped past a few players on the edge of the box before hitting his shot back across the goal to make it 5-2 and adding to his chipped assist for Ozil's goal. We stuck to the gameplan and created a lot of chances but couldn't execute it.
Ultimately, the next two months of Premier League football could be the deciding factor in whether Ozil and Alexis stay or not.
Arsenal piled more misery on the under-pressure Toffees boss Ronald Koeman with a dominant display at Goodison Park, cruising to a 5-2 triumph on Merseyside.
- Nicaragua signs Paris climate deal; US, Syria now only countries out
- Financial Indicators and Analyst Sentiment for Antares Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATRS)
- IPG Posts 1.0% Drop in Q3 Revenues
- Zevin Asset Management LLC Lowers Position in Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- Manulife expands Vitality program to include Apple Watch
- Output of Wine Worldwide Will Fall to Lowest Point in 56 Years
- HTC U11 Plus Spotted on Certification Site Ahead of November 2 Launch
- Premier League clubs fail to agree on overseas broadcasting revenue
- Indianapolis Colts: Assistant coach Robert Mathis arrested on drunken driving charge
- Instagram Live update brings split screen live videos with friends