At the close, the benchmark 30-share index, BSE Sensex added 100.62 or 0.31% at 32,607.34 with 19 components registering rise.
At 1.30 p.m., the 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex), traded 80.60 points or 0.25 per cent higher. While Zee Entertainment was the leader on Nifty, advanced 6.65% to Rs 524.35 after the company posted over two-fold jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 590.80 crore for the second-quarter of the financial year 2018.
Major gainers were, ONGC by 2.77 per cent, NTPC 2.52 per cent, Tata Steel 1.85 per cent, among others. Among the S&P BSE sectoral indices, power rose by 1.28 per cent followed by utilities 1.26 per cent, telecom 0.82 per cent, oil&gas 0.63 per cent, bankex 0.62 per cent and metal 0.55 per cent. Reliance Industries, Tata Motors, Lupin, Sun Pharma, M&M, Hero MotoCorp, TCS, Adani Ports and Wipro too fell up to 1.54 per cent on profit-booking.
Market breadth was negative with 1,413 advances against 1,157 declines.
Salman Khan Books Eid 2019 For Next Film Bharat. Details Here
His previous Eid releases including Sultan , Bajrangi Bhaijaan , Kick and Ek Tha Tiger did phenomenal business at the Box Office. Sources have also revealed that different parts of the film will be shot in Delhi, Punjab, Spain and Abu Dhabi.
The total turnover on BSE amounted to Rs 3,995.29 crore, higher than turnover of Rs 3,904.87 crore registered during the previous trading session.
Besides, positive cues from Asian markets with the Japan's Nikkei posting the longest winning-streak in its almost 70-year history as markets cheered the weekend election victory of Japan's pro-business prime minister, had positive impact, they said.
Among other Asian markets, Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 0.12 per cent and Japan's Nikkei gained 0.17 per cent, while Shanghai Composite Index gained 0.09 per cent in early trade today.
The broader Nifty scaled the 10,200 mark intra day before closing at 10,184.85, showing a sizeable gain of 38.30 points, or 0.38%.
- Pay With Google a New Hassle-Free Payment Method for Android Users
- Iditarod Board: Dallas Seavey's dogs failed 2017 drug test
- Thomas Tuchel frontrunner for Everton job after Ronald Koeman gets sacked
- Liverpool 'must' replace Klopp with Ancelotti now - Crooks
- Billy Joel becomes a father for the third time at 68
- Skechers USA, Inc. (SKX) Director Sold $24450.00 in Stock
- Opposition to observe Nov 8, day demonetisation was announced, as 'black day'
- NY bans e-cigarette use in bars, restaurants, parks
- Comparable sales strong at McDonald's
- Stock is down at $87.18 (LLY) Lilly Reports Third-Quarter Results,…