"I'll repeat myself from last time I sat here 18 months ago (he took charge of their final league game of the 2015/16 campaign after Roberto Martinez was fired), who wouldn't want this job?"
"It's a wonderful football club with awesome fans and it's a top job for any manager, myself included", he said.
"It's really interesting to see what [club owners] Farhad Moshiri and Bill Kenwright are thinking right now".
For Everton, attention must turn to finding a replacement for the Dutchman.
You have to go back to March 2016 at Goodison Park for Everton's last victory over Chelsea, but perhaps even more daunting for the Toffees is that they haven't won at the home of the champions since February 2011 in the FA Cup.
1 hopes alive after three-hour WTA Finals epic v Jelena Ostapenko
Garbine Muguruza and Pliskova will do battle later in Singapore , with the victor assuming control of the White Group . The American ended the Latvian's charge at only her second major at Wimbledon this summer in the quarter-finals.
Unsworth, however, knows he will be judged on results and will hope his first win comes in the capital on Wednesday night.
He added: "I think the club needs a winning manager".
'I have got a good idea of how I want the team to play.
This came following the club's drop into the bottom three, and Unsworth has immediately announced his desire to secure the role full-time.
And he has started his newest stint as caretaker manager by ordering his troops to make the trip to Stamford Bridge by train.
- Everton 2-5 Arsenal
- French president's dog pees in palace meeting
- Bank of Nova Scotia Grows Holdings in Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO)
- Father of missing three-year-old believes she died from choking on milk
- The Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) Upgraded to "Buy" by the Vetr Inc
- Delphi Buys Autonomous Tech Developer NuTonomy for $450M
- IHC suspends warrants for Imran Khan's arrest
- SC refuses bail to Unitech's Sanjay Chandra
- Supreme Court orders demolition of parking space near Taj Mahal
- Kid Rock says he won't run for Senate