According to reports this morning, that request was denied, ensuring that Elliott will be able to play in the Cowboys' critical Sunday road game in Washington.
The NFLPA was granted a preliminary injunction by a federal judge in Texas, only to have that injunction lifted by a three-judge panel of a federal appeals court in New Orleans. So, his 6-game suspension is back on and could start after bye.
The Dallas Cowboys will continue to have the benefit of the services of running back Ezekiel Elliott, for at least another week.
Ronald Koeman 'disappointed' at being sacked as Everton manager
And he has started his newest stint as caretaker manager by ordering his troops to make the trip to Stamford Bridge by train. Unsworth, however, knows he will be judged on results and will hope his first win comes in the capital on Wednesday night.
"The NFL can not show any good cause for its proposed dramatic departure from the Court's ordinary scheduling requirements", the NFL Players Association successfully argued on behalf of Elliott. The league filed paperwork asking U.S. District Judge Amos Mazzant to make a decision by September 14; otherwise, the league would take the case to the 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Worked in Brady, we'll see here.
Elliott was previously cleared to play in the Cowboys' Week 1 game against the New York Giants while the two sides were waiting on the injunction decision and finished with 104 rushing yards and 36 receiving yards in his team's 19-3 victory.
Without the preliminary injunction, Elliott's suspension would no longer be blocked by the courts, and the National Football League could impose the six-game suspension levied against him in August in response to domestic violence allegations by Elliott's former girlfriend. He now has a temporary restraining order on his suspension.
- SC refuses bail to Unitech's Sanjay Chandra
- Wild's Zach Parise has back surgery, will miss 8-10 weeks
- Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) Having Eye Catching Institutional Ownership of 82.30%
- Bank of Nova Scotia Grows Holdings in Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO)
- IHC suspends warrants for Imran Khan's arrest
- Biogen Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB) To Release Earnings
- Davante Adams with two catches in Week 7
- Centre approves ₹7 lakh cr highway projects including Bharatmala
- The Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) Upgraded to "Buy" by the Vetr Inc
- Most Active mover Update on JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ:JBLU)