When he returned from the blister, McCarthy worked exclusively out of the Dodgers' bullpen.
Corey Seager is expected to be in the Los Angeles Dodgers' lineup for the opener of the World Series after missing the NL Championship Series because of back pain.
One possibility for the Dodgers during the World Series would have Seager serve as the team's designated hitter when they play in Houston.
After Los Angeles ousted Chicago, Roberts seemed optimistic that Seager would be able to return.
The only left-handed starting pitcher the Dodgers will face would be Dallas Keuchel in Game 5, and if the Dodgers' opt to start Charlie Culberson at shortstop in that game, Seager could slide into the DH spot. "He's going to hang in there and take some swings".
Seager, 23, hit.295 with 23 homers, 77 RBI and a solid.375 on-base percentage during the regular year.
Premier League clubs fail to agree on overseas broadcasting revenue
The Premier League have scrapped plans to discuss changes to overseas TV money distribution tomorrow after strong opposition from the "smaller clubs" in the top flight.
Seager, an All-Star shortstop, watched from home as the Dodgers eliminated the defending World Series champion Chicago Cubs in Game 5 on Thursday night. Obviously, it's a huge boost for the Dodgers. But the veteran was never fully healthy, whether it was a right knee injury that caused him to miss a start in July, or a recurring finger blister that caused him to miss all of August and most of September.
Roberts emphasized that he didn't mean to sound more pessimistic about Seager than he did in Chicago.
"I like how that our last series ended the way and it did and I wouldn't want it any other way", Roberts said Saturday night during a conference call with reporters. "I think we're very optimistic". I want to see the video and talk to him.
On Monday, during the Dodgers' workout in front of the media, Seager faced more live pitching from Dodgers' right-hander Brock Stewart who was recalled from Camelback Ranch in Arizona to help Seager get his "feel and rhythm" back before the World Series starts on Tuesday evening. Wearing a hat that had a World Series emblem on the side, the 37-year-old reflected on where he was fairly recently.
Clayton Kershaw will start Game 1, Rich Hill Game 2, Yu Darvish Game 3 and Alex Wood Game 4.
"I saw them a couple times in spring training, when I was with the Mets", the outfielder said. Taylor finished with two hits and scored two runs as the Dodgers, who have won five straight NL West titles, improved to 7-1 in this postseason.
- Steph Curry consoles opponent's 9-year-old nephew whose father was killed
- Terry Richardson Banned From Working With Conde Nast Publications Including Vogue, GQ
- Hitman Will Get New Campaign, Return Of Elusive Targets
- Russian Federation vetoes extension of United Nations mission probing chemical weapons use in Syria
- Ronald Koeman 'disappointed' at being sacked as Everton manager
- Eagles LB Jordan Hicks feared to have torn Achilles
- Taco Bell Is Testing a Kit Kat Quesadilla
- Florentino Perez quashes Kane rumours
- Phil Neville interested in manager's job after Ronald Koeman's sacking
- Star Wars Battlefront II Campaign is Between 5-7 Hours Long