As per the reports, it was mentioned that the Karnataka government has issued a proposal worth Rs 26.87 crore to gift gold biscuits and silver plates to MLAs and MLCs.
Koliwada on Monday refuted reports of a proposal of distributing gold coins and silver plates to MLAs and MLCs being passed by him.
As part of the celebrations, it has proposed to gift gold biscuits, each costing about Rs 50,000 to legislators. The speaker said that while close to Rs 26 crore is being spent for the Vidhan Soudha celebrations, the expenditure would also include cultural programmes.
American Express Company (AXP) to Release Earnings on Wednesday
Are shares of American Express Company (NYSE:AXP) ready to make a move? It has outperformed by 5.71% the S&P500. After the latest check-in, shares are 0.23% off of the 50 day high and 10.59% away from the 50 day low number.
"We have sent a proposal...there are various things in it".
Sources in the Chief Minster's office, however, confirmed there was indeed such a plan. The BJP will not accept the gold biscuit. JD (S) MLC KT Srikante Gowda said: "All MLCs are opposed to this kind of ostentatious expenses."Opposition legislators have said such expenses should not be made, while Congress MLC Rizwan Arshad, one of AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi's protégés, has written a formal letter to Koliwad asking him to "reduce the expenditure on the event and spend the money instead on some good objective". "This kind of proposal is just not acceptable to us and there is no need to spend such money for such things".
"And if any of the other expenses don't meet approval, we will drop that". "I will definitely convey my objection to the chief minister", said Dinesh Gundu Rao, working president of the Karnataka Congress Committee.
The decision was taken after a meeting between the CM and the Speaker.
- Bollywood appreciates Aamir Khan's Secret Superstar
- Schlumberger NV (SLB) Shares Bought by Pillar Pacific Capital Management LLC
- Microsoft Announces Surface Book 2
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Shorts Up 8.97% - Shares Trading Up
- IPOB threatens to carry arms if Kanu is not brought to court
- Barclays PLC Raises AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) Price Target to $90.00
- Do singer Björk's sexual harassment allegations point towards THIS 'Danish' director?
- PM Modi inaugurates AIIMS-like institute for ayurveda in Delhi
- Analyst's Rated Stock: Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG)
- Adobe urges users patch Flash after malware attack; shares