"I'm sure there'll be a time where Kansas and Missouri will play again", Self told the Kansas City Star in June. The proceeds from the game, called the Showdown for Relief, will go towards hurricane relief efforts in the mainland United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Neither school has confirmed the reports. Each school will distribute about half of the 18,000 tickets with the goal to raise more than $1 million for charity.
"The opportunity to use the platform of college basketball to help so many people in need is the most important aspect of this event", Missouri coach Cuonzo Martin said in the release.
"We have had discussions about an event", KU associate athletic director Jim Marchiony said on Thursday afternoon.
Missouri and Kansas haven't played since the Tigers departed the Big 12 Conference for the Southeastern Conference in 2012.
Watch Here: Pregnant Mindy Kaling Reveals Gender of Her Baby on 'Ellen
Besides, as personal stories go , her baby girl - who's due to arrive later this fall - already has a good one. DeGeneres closed the segment by helping Kaling fulfill one of her pregnancy cravings: Jelly donuts.
"The opportunity to make an impact on those suffering as result of the hurricanes, through the game of basketball, is a great opportunity for our program", Kansas coach Bill Self said in a release. The game will not be televised or streamed, but KU and MU will broadcast it on their radio networks.
Both schools sought a waiver from the NCAA to play in the game.
Hosting such a game, at Sprint Center, on campus or even on the moon, no doubt would create quite a buzz between the former Big 12 rivals whose history dates back more than 100 years.
Kansas was recently linked to the investigation when the University Daily Kansan reported that the FBI had documents related to KU and its sponsorship with Adidas, the sportswear company accused of assisting in a widespread bribery probe.
Supervising editors are Brooks Holton, Jonathan McKay and Pete Bland.
- North Korea's top diplomat says Donald Trump lit fuse of war
- India's Nehra to retire from internationals
- Qualcomm Files New Lawsuits Seeking iPhone Ban in China
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: General Mills, Inc. (GIS), Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCA)
- Heinrich Statement On President Trump's Decision To End Critical Health Care Payments
- Southwest Airlines Co (LUV) to Add Hawaii Routes in 2018
- Madhya Pradesh too reduces Value-Added Tax on diesel, petrol
- Simple Moving Average Analysis of Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS)
- Shareholder First Financial Bank - Trust Division Increased Bristol (BMY) Holding
- Bayer shares gain on BASF deal, move boosts EUROSTOXX