Thursday's signing came after two days of negotiations in the Egyptian capital on the governing of the Gaza Strip as part of the most serious effort to date to end the 10 year rift between the rival Palestinian groups.
"Israel opposes any reconciliation between the Palestinian Authority and Hamas, as long as Hamas is working to destroy Israel and does not disarm", Netanyahu said.
Russia welcomed the Palestinian deal to achieve unity and improve human conditions in the Gaza Strip through a statement by the Russian foreign ministry on Friday, praising the effective role of Egypt in the deal, Egyptian state news agency MENA said. Abbas oversees autonomous enclaves in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.
According to information from diplomatic sources, Minister Cavusoglu, Palestinian counterpart Malki and Hamas Political Bureau chairman of interview with Heniyye.
Hamas and Fatah agreed in 2014 to form a national reconciliation government, but the deal soon dissipated in mutual recriminations with Hamas continuing to dominate Gaza.
GRATRY & Co LLC Lowers Stake in NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
They expect this year's earnings to rise 0.97% year-over-year to $4.17, followed by 2.4% growth in the next year to $4.27. The stock of NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA ) has "Underweight" rating given on Friday, August 7 by Morgan Stanley.
After signing the agreement, Egypt intends to continue to call for a wider dialogue among all Palestinian powers and factions in Cairo to discuss the formation of a unity government and to prepare for the Palestinian general elections.
Thousands of Palestinians took to the streets across Gaza on Thursday in celebration of the unity pact, with loudspeakers on open cars blasting national songs, youths dancing and hugging and many waving Palestine and Egyptian flags.
The agreement calls for Abbas's presidential guard to assume responsibility of the Rafah crossing on November 1, and for the full handover of administrative control of Gaza to the unity government to be completed by December 1.
It also fears that opening Gaza's borders would help Hamas expand its arsenal and rebuild its military infrastructure.
- Diehard Bargain Hunter: Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT), Realty Income Corporation (O)
- Markets@Moneycontrol: Early diwali with Nifty closing at record high
- India's Nehra to retire from internationals
- McCain CO, XO Relieved of Duties
- Liverpool's Sadio Mane facing six weeks out with hamstring injury
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Comp (HPE): Following the Indicators
- Southwest Airlines Co (LUV) to Add Hawaii Routes in 2018
- What Recent Ownership Trends Suggest About MannKind Corporation (MNKD)'s Future Performance
- Shareholder First Financial Bank - Trust Division Increased Bristol (BMY) Holding
- North Korea's top diplomat says Donald Trump lit fuse of war