India's comeback pacer Ashish Nehra on Thursday said he will call an end to his cricket career after the first Twenty20 global (T20I) against New Zealand at the Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi on November 1. India finished runners-up during that year but Nehra ticked the box eight years later in the 2011 World Cup.
Nehra said that he has spoken with the Indian Cricket team management and with MSK Prasad, the chairman of the selection committee, regarding his decision to retire at his home town.
Nehra is also a part of the current India T20 squad for the ongoing three-match series against Australia.
Nehra will bid worldwide cricket adieu after the first Twenty20 global against New Zealand in Delhi on November 1. But when I train day in and day out, I train to play for India.
"I was always mentally strong and whenever I used to train, I always used to play for India", Nehra said about his retirement from the Indian Premier League as well.
Trump says he spoke to Virgin Islands' 'president' -- which is him
Later on, he added, "The Virgin Islands and the president of the Virgin Islands , these are people that are incredible people". It could be entirely possible that the President had a conversation with himself while he was visiting the Virgin Islands.
"It is good for me that people believe that I can still play". I realize that when I retire on November 1, there are five months before the next IPL and I could easily play.
The left-arm fast bowler said he could have easily played worldwide cricket for another year and also the next IPL. I won't even play IPL. And he is one guy who always gives good advice. "I always wanted to retire on a high", Nehra stressed. "I hope he will do well in Hyderabad and win a game for my country", said Raina.
"Ashish has told both Ravi and Virat that he does not want to continue beyond November 1..., " the official was quoted as saying. I think Bhuvi (Bhuvneshwar Kumar) and (Jasprit) Bumrah are doing really well.
The left-arm quick has collected 157 ODI wickets plus 44 Test and 34 T20 scalps during his 18-year career, since making his debut in the five-day format in 1999.
"At times when I wake up, especially in the winter in Delhi, my knees are so sore, it is half an hour before I can even leave my bed and am able to walk", added Nehra.
- Madhya Pradesh too reduces Value-Added Tax on diesel, petrol
- Heinrich Statement On President Trump's Decision To End Critical Health Care Payments
- Unusual Volume Spotted in China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBPO) Stock
- India Vs Australia: 'Sorry Aussies', Guwahati Fans Apologise For Rock-Throwing Incident
- Lowell High student who allegedly threatened school is arrested
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st ODI, Dubai, live cricket score
- Shareholder First Financial Bank - Trust Division Increased Bristol (BMY) Holding
- GRATRY & Co LLC Lowers Stake in NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- McCain CO, XO Relieved of Duties
- Watch Here: Pregnant Mindy Kaling Reveals Gender of Her Baby on 'Ellen