At the moment users of the service will see no change to how things are now run, with the bundles. storefront, and subscription service all operating as usual.
According to a press release announcing the deal, Humble Bundle will see few, if any staff or operational changes and continue to operate independently. Humble Bundle is most known for its pay-what-you-want retail model, offering various gaming bundles at discounted rates that often benefit charity.
For its part, IGN is a video game media service owned by digital media company J2 Global.
It also looks forward to using IGN's resources to raise more money for charity.
Donald Trump to announce broad Iran strategy later this week: White House
Trump made the claim in the Oval Office during a meeting with Henry Kissinger, according to a pool report . GOP: Trump is right U.S. has highest corporate tax rate in OECD.
"If it's not broken, don't fix it", said Galbraith, who explained that IGN started looking to make a deal like this almost a year ago.
"We want to stick to the fundamentals in the short term". "Because of the shared vision and overlap of our customer bases, there's going to be a lot of opportunities". "I can't think of a better partner than IGN to help Humble Bundle continue our quest".
Over the last seven years, Humble Bundle has raised more than $100 million for both independent game developers and a wide range of charities, from the American Red Cross to Wikimedia.
With IGN backing it, Humble Bundle will be looking to branch out into game publishing as well. That shouldn't be too hard - Humble Bundle is already a very recognizable name among PC gamers, and with the kind of reach that IGN has, ramping up its fundraising goals shouldn't be any problem.
- Baidu, Inc. - American Deposita (NASDAQ:BIDU) Closed Over Its 50 Day Average
- North Korea's top diplomat says Donald Trump lit fuse of war
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: General Mills, Inc. (GIS), Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCA)
- Financial Watchlist of First Horizon National Corporation (NYSE:FHN)
- India Vs Australia: 'Sorry Aussies', Guwahati Fans Apologise For Rock-Throwing Incident
- 3 dead in skydiving accident in Australia
- Shareholder First Financial Bank - Trust Division Increased Bristol (BMY) Holding
- Detective wrangles 9-foot anaconda with her bare hands
- Lowell High student who allegedly threatened school is arrested
- Bradford, Diggs out Sunday for Vikings