The 28-year-old was joking around with friends at Boscombe in Dorset when he dangled the flat fish he had just caught above his mouth but it managed to wriggle free and slipped down his trachea, completely blocking his airways.
A man's heart stopped after he accidentally swallowed a 14-centimetre long Dover sole on a fishing trip.
Fortunately for the man, paramedics were able to remove the fish with forceps in an ambulance.
Member of Boscombe Pier Sea Anglers Ian Cowie said: "He was kissing the fish when it jumped down his throat".
Mr Harrison said that re-assessment of the patient inside the ambulance indicated further deterioration of his condition and a decline of cardiac output. They said they were very concerned that if the fish broke up as they were trying to hook it out the patient would die.
He and associate Martyn Box, an operations officer, dealt with the man and recovered a heartbeat.
South Carolina Restaurant Manager Charged With Enslaving Mentally Disabled Man
According to a lawsuit , Smith was also forced to work 18-hour shifts six days a week - and got paid less than $3,000 a year. Workers allegedly discovered scars on Smith's back and placed him into Adult Protective Services' (APS) custody.
He said: "The boys were giving really good CPR on our arrival, as instructed by the control room staff".
He was then artificially ventilated with a bag and mask, but his airway remained blocked and he wasn't receiving any oxygen.
In what Harrison calls the "most bizarre" call he's gotten, he is "so glad the patient has no lasting effects from his cardiac arrest, which could so easily have had such a tragic and devastating outcome".
They used a laryngoscope to extend the mouth to inspect the throat to see the fish trapped inside.
"I was acutely aware that I only had one attempt at getting this right".
The angler was revived in the ambulance and after being treated and checked over in hospital was allowed home having made a full recovery.
- Florida citrus negatively affected by Irma
- Rishard Matthews says he'd quit National Football League if forced to stand for anthem
- Kejriwal demands independent inquiry into metro fare hike
- Dragon Age Creative Director Leaves BioWare
- UAE stops issuing visas to North Koreans
- Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC) Receives Average Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- Ford Motor Company (F) Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.15
- Brady says sprained shoulder will be fine — PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK
- Week Six Green Bay Packers Keys To Victory
- Auburn receives federal subpoena in bribery scandal