Uber's appeal follows alleged talks between the firm's new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi and TfL commissioner Mike Brown.
Uber could continue to be hailed across London for another year after officially filing its appeal against Transport for London's decision to revoke its London license.
It comes after TFL announced its decision not to renew Uber's license after it expired on 30th September.
Mayor Sadiq Khan support TfL's decision and said: "All companies in London must play by the rules, if you do play by the rules, you're welcome in London".
Just hours before Uber's deadline that would have seen all drivers barred from working, Uber has launched an appeal at Westminster magistrate's court Friday morning. Uber plans to put forward further reasons for its appeal before a planned hearing on December 11.
Uber was required to begin its appeal by Friday or it would not be allowed to continue operating in London. "As our new CEO [chief executive] has said, we are determined to make things right", an Uber spokesperson said.Читайте также: Honor 6C Pro with 5.2 inch HD Display and 3000mAH Battery Launched
Transport for London (TfL) refused to renew the firm's licence last month on the grounds of "public safety and security implications".
TfL has highlighted the company's approach to reporting serious criminal offences and to obtaining criminal record checks for drivers as factors in its decision.
Uber hired Khosrowshahi from USA travel group Expedia in August, in the hope that he can steer the ride-sharing service away from the string of controversies.
In an open letter last month, Khosrowshahi apologised for "mistakes" made by Uber.
Uber has been used by 3.5 million Londoners, developing a loyal fan base by offering convenience and lower prices than traditional "Black Cabs".
An online petition to "save" Uber has garnered over 850,000 signatures.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Cannot Deport Rohingya Refugees Till Next Hearing, Supreme Court Tells Government
- USMNT coach Bruce Arena calls World Cup qualifying elimination 'a blemish'
- MA native implicated in death of frat pledge pressured to overdrink
- New Orleans police officer dies in shootout
- Family held hostage by Taliban flying home to Canada
- First teaser for New Mutants coming tomorrow
- Boyfriend of pregnant Maryland teacher indicted on murder charge
- Microsoft Edge Browser now Available for Android at Google Play Store
- New Mutants director to adapt Stephen King's The Talisman
- Jane Fonda Admits She Knew About Harvey Weinstein A Year Ago