Summary: Amritsar, October 12Local leaders of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today staged a protest at SSSS Chowk here demanding an inquiry into alleged charges against Jay Shah, son of BJP leader Amit Shah. "The figure in question is turnover not profit".
Defending his son, Shah, at Panchayat Aaj Tak, said: "There is no question of corruption in the business dealings of Jay (Shah)". We have exported bajra, corn and rice while coriander was imported. "If a company's turnover becomes Rs. 1 crore, its profit does not become Rs. 1 crore.It is unfair to say there was an over 16,000 times jump in profit.say what the turnover was.It makes it seem like the turnover was huge but it wasn't". "There is no question of money laundering".
"After achieving a turnover of Rs 80 crore, his company suffered a loss of Rs 1.5 crore". "It was not unsecured loan, it was line of credit", Amit Shah.
Jane Fonda Admits She Knew About Harvey Weinstein A Year Ago
Fonda told Amanpour that Weinstein's pattern of abuse is not an isolated phenomenon. Unfortunately, that counteracts a lot of the good that we're doing.
She also pointed out that Additional solicitor general Tushar Mehta who is supposed to defend Union of India is defending Jay Shah.
He further said that Congress has faced many allegations of corruption, yet they never filed a single defamation suit. Jay had also filed a civil defamation suit at the Ahmedabad district (Mirzapur) court against the news portal and damage for Rs 100 crore, but lawyers involved in filing of this case refused to divulge information. In his application, Shah sought, "criminal action against the respondents for defaming and tarnishing the reputation of the complainant through an article, which is scandalous, frivolous, misleading, derogatory, libelous and consisting of several defamatory statements".
The BJP has rubbished the allegations, saying Jay Shah's business was perfectly legitimate and legal, and has alleged that Congress was attempting to divert attention "from its own scams and misdeeds".
- Dragon Age Creative Director Leaves BioWare
- #SpyTapes: SCA dismisses appeal by Zuma, NPA
- New Orleans police officer dies in shootout
- Private health insurance overhaul promises more affordable premiums
- Channing Tatum's Gambit movie officially dealt release date and director Gore Verbinski
- Brady says sprained shoulder will be fine — PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer eye semi-final berths at Shanghai Masters
- New Mutants director to adapt Stephen King's The Talisman
- Roswell reboot in the works at The CW with Trump-era twist
- Family held hostage by Taliban flying home to Canada