The flight departed at 1:18 p.m. local time from Copenhagen, Denmark, and landed at 3:53 at Finland's Helsinki-Vantaa airport - which has a three-letter airport code of "HEL".
The route has been regularly flown for some 11 years - though after today the airline is changing the numbers so it will no longer be known as the AY666.
However, today will be the last time Flight 666 flies to Hel, as the airline has chose to retire the flight number.
That didn't stop one passenger booked on Friday's HEL-bound trip, who somewhat unluckily was given a seat on the 13th row, from missing the flight.
'As of Oct 29, some of our flight numbers in our network will change and our AY666 flight from Copenhagen to Helsinki will change to AY954.
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. Announces 31% Rise In Q3 Earnings
The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website . If you are accessing this article on another domain, it was illegally stolen and reposted in violation of global copyright law.
This is the 21st time the flight has taken place on Friday 13 since the operators started the AY666 route in 2006. I'm not a superstitious man.
The last time the flight happened on Friday the 13th was in January.
Finnair flight 666 is making its last journey to "HEL" this Friday the 13th after 21 previous daring trips on the superstitious date.
A fear of the number 13 has been given the scientific name triskaidekaphobia, with a fear of Friday 13th dubbed paraskevidekatriaphobia. It is called the "number of the Beast" in Chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation in the New Testament of the Bible.
- Jason Aldean resumes tour after mass shooting in Las Vegas
- Trump Claims Victory in War on Christmas: 'We're Saying Merry Christmas Again'
- Shares in Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Purchased by Gotham Asset Management LLC
- Raju Gari Gadhi 2's Twitter review
- NCAA "could not conclude North Carolina violated NCAA rules"
- How Many Glencore PLC (LON:GLEN)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- USS Tucson, supersonic bomber deployed to South Korea
- Neil deMause: Trump right to question National Football League subsidies
- Maria Sharapova beats Switzerland's Vogele to reach Tianjin Open semifinals
- Aamir Khan Sidelines Katrina Kaif For Fatima Sana Shaikh, Actress Upset?