African champions Mali sealed their place into the knock-out rounds of the Federation Internationale de Football Association U-17 World Cup with a dominating 3-1 win over New Zealand in their final Group B game at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here, Thursday.
The Eaglets dominated proceedings at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, hitting the woodwork on two occasions during the contest, and deservedly took the lead through Salam Jiddou's excellent strike on 18 minutes. Yesterday, Paraguay walked into a struggling Turkish side that needed a win by a decent margin to remain in contention to progress into the Round of 16 as one of the four best-placed team.
In the other game at Mumbai, Giovanni Bogado (41st minute), Fernando Cardozo (43rd) and Antonio Galeano (61st) scored for Paraguay.
Auburn receives federal subpoena in bribery scandal
The information seeks information from cellphones, tablets, laptops, desktop computers, phones, emails and social media accounts. Any conversations about "actual or potential NCAA rules violations" involving players or coaches getting money or other perks.
It hadn't begun well for the side, though, as it squandered a penalty kick in the second minute, the culprit being its hero in the last match - Anibal Vega. "They can go on to be world champions", Turkey head coach Mehmet Hacoiglu said. But that made little difference as Turkey's goalkeeper Ozer was foxed appropriately - including a curling free-kick for the first goal - for a comprehensive victory. Blas Armoa collected a diagonal played from the centre of the park and raced in from the left to set-up Cardozo, who pulled off a delectable back heel past the custodian.
But Paraguay put the game to bed in the 61st minute when Gaeleano's left-footed shot deflected off a defender and looped into the net. "We were lacking physically". "We created chances, we found possession, but we did not find luck", a dejected Hacioglu said, wearing an embarrassing smile as his campaign at the Under - 17 World Cup had come to an end. Paraguay captain Duarte was a relieved man.
- Samsung Elec says Q3 operating profit likely almost tripled from yr ago
- UAE stops issuing visas to North Koreans
- Devils burn the Leafs 6-3 in Toronto
- Amazon Studios Chief Accused of Sexually Propositioning Producer
- Crude Oil Steadies After EIA Inventories
- RSI signifies; NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) stock down Action may be Ahead
- Life is Strange: Before The Storm Episode Two Launch Trailer Released
- 'Game Of Thrones' star Jason Momoa criticised after rape joke video resurfaces
- AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) Upgraded to Outperform at Cowen and Company
- Congress stops the saffron wave in Nanded