European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker said on Friday that he did not want Catalonia to break away from Spain because it would encourage other regions in Europe to follow suit.
Juncker said that he had asked Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy to take measures in order to avoid the situation in Catalonia becoming what it is now, the Daily Express reported.
'Now they have to pay, ' Commission president says of the UK's Brexit bill. I am not in a revenge way. And although the European Union owed a lot to the United Kingdom, "now they have to pay", he said.
"I don't even understand this problem", Juncker said. Why not say easily, with common sense, that things will stay as they are?
The EU has told Britain that a summit next week will conclude that insufficient progress has been made in talks for Brussels to open negotiations on a future trade deal. European Union sources have put the budgetary commitments it says Britain owes at around 100 billion euros ($118 billion), while Britain says the true figure is about one-fifth of that.
How Many Glencore PLC (LON:GLEN)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
GMP Securities restated a reduce rating on shares of Ophir Energy Plc in a research report on Wednesday, July 5th. About 465,279 shares traded. $367,804 worth of Rexford Industrial Realty Inc (NYSE:REXR) was sold by Khan Adeel .
To laughter from the students, he added: "If you are sitting in the bar and you are ordering 28 beers and then suddenly some of your colleagues [leave without] paying, that is not feasible".
"The European "foreigners", as they are saying in London, are there on the island and so many British friends are here. But now they have to pay". So let them [stay] here and let them [stay] there. Everywhere and every time.
In a speech in Florence last month, May said: " I do not want our partners to fear that they will need to pay more or receive less over the remainder of the current budget plan as a result of our decision to leave".
The draft conclusions for for the October 19 summit, leaked in Brussels on Thursday evening, call for work to continue to achieve "sufficient progress" on withdrawal issues of a financial settlement, the Irish border and citizens' rights, to unlock the second stage of talks to focus on trade.
- Maria Sharapova beats Switzerland's Vogele to reach Tianjin Open semifinals
- Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. Announces 31% Rise In Q3 Earnings
- Facebook now lets you order food without leaving Facebook
- Spain gives Catalan leader 8 days to drop independence
- NCAA "could not conclude North Carolina violated NCAA rules"
- Iraqi Kurds send 6000 reinforcements to disputed Kirkuk
- US Retail Sales Spike 1.6% In September Amid Higher Gas Prices
- Mobile adds another limit to its 'unlimited' data plans
- If You REALLY Love Buffalo Wings, We Found Your Next Coffee Obsession
- Raju Gari Gadhi 2's Twitter review