Although she admitted her failure to come forward, Fonda concluded by saying how proud she was that female actors were now fearless enough to speak out. In the last few days, actresses like Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan, Angelina Jolie, and Gwyneth Paltrow have spoken on the record about times Weinstein allegedly sexually harassed them.
"I was not that bold", Fonda replied.
But Fonda is relieved the allegations against Weinstein are being exposed and she's proud of the courageous women who are coming forward. When she arrived, she said, he was wearing a white bathrobe.
"I found out about him about a year ago", Fonda told BBC, "and I wish that I had spoken out".
When asked why Fonda didn't say anything publicly after she spoke with Arquette, Fonda said, "I guess it hadn't happened to me, and so I didn't feel that it was my place".
Apparently, sometime previous year, Weinstein victim Rosanna Arquette confided in Miz Fonda about the sexual harassment she suffered through thanks to Harvey.
"It came as a shock and a great disappointment..."
Microsoft Edge Browser now Available for Android at Google Play Store
Earlier this week, Microsoft all but admitted it had stopped working on new features and hardware for Windows 10 Mobile . You should only download the browser if you are comfortable with a few bugs and crashes.
As Amanpour noted earlier, it may seem surprising that Fonda, of all people, did not speak out after hearing Arquette's story.
Sadly, Jane couldn't be more correct with her statement.
Jane Fonda regrets not speaking up earlier about Harvey Weinstein.
Fonda told Amanpour that Weinstein's pattern of abuse is not an isolated phenomenon.
Fonda, who sat down with Amanpour while promoting her Netflix movie Our Souls At Night, said she met Harvey Weinstein but "only...when I was old".
Fonda said the director had propositioned her ahead of a role, claiming: "he had to find out what kind of orgasms she had". "He wanted me to sleep with him".
"It's unacceptable and we can't ever forget that and we have to stand up to them".
A long-time campaigner for women's rights, Fonda also sought to focus the spotlight beyond Hollywood, noting the similar accusations levelled at other public figures like US President Donald Trump and former International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Unfortunately, that counteracts a lot of the good that we're doing.
- Hussman Strategic Advisors INC Increases Holding in Newmont Mining Corp (NEM)
- Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC) Receives Average Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- Florida citrus negatively affected by Irma
- Dragon Age Creative Director Leaves BioWare
- Life is Strange: Before The Storm Episode Two Launch Trailer Released
- Brady says sprained shoulder will be fine — PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK
- Channing Tatum's Gambit movie officially dealt release date and director Gore Verbinski
- Boyfriend of pregnant Maryland teacher indicted on murder charge
- #SpyTapes: SCA dismisses appeal by Zuma, NPA
- QS Investors LLC Cuts Position in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)