"People already go to Facebook to figure out what to eat by reading about nearby restaurants, and seeing what their friends say about them".
It's also working with restaurant chains directly, like Jack in the Box, Five Guys, Papa John's, Wingstop, TGI Friday's, Denny's, El Pollo Loco, Chipotle, Jimmy John's, and Panera. You head to the new "Order Food" section of Facebook, find the local spot you're craving, and then hit "start order".
If you don't have an account, you can sign up directly from the Facebook app.
If you're too lazy to visit a restaurant, or even open your favourite food ordering app, Facebook now lets you place orders for delivery or pick up directly from its app and website. If it offers ordering through the Facebook app, you'll see a Start Order button appear next to its name.
N'Golo Kante and Alvaro Morata unlikely to feature against Crystal Palace
Following two brief spells in his last two jobs at Palace and Inter, Frank de Boer is now assessing his options carefully ahead of his next managerial job.
Look for your dining options by going to the Explore menu (the three-line hamburger menu on the lower right corner of the screen on the app) or on Facebook.com and choosing the Order Food option.
While Amazon might not make money on food orders, its delivery service is seen as a way to gather valuable customer data and keep in constant contact with consumers. All Facebook is really doing here is launching an in-app browser so you can get a meal without ever leaving the app. "For example, if you have an account with Delivery.com, you can easily order with your existing login". There's certainly some work necessary to link all these restaurant pages with the services they use (and businesses can opt out of displaying the food ordering feature if they wish).
Users should find the new delivery option in the latest Facebook app as it rolls out to desktop, Android and iOS devices in the USA now.
- Guardiola named Barclays Manager of the Month
- Iraqi Kurds send 6000 reinforcements to disputed Kirkuk
- Maria Sharapova beats Switzerland's Vogele to reach Tianjin Open semifinals
- Facebook has "an enormous responsibility" for Russian interference in USA election
- USMNT coach Bruce Arena calls World Cup qualifying elimination 'a blemish'
- Masahiro Tanaka to take mound for Yankees in ALCS opener vs. Astros
- Trump Threatens To Revoke Broadcast Licenses Of Networks That Criticize Him
- Sen. Collins to announce this morning whether she will run for governor
- Samsung Galaxy J2 2017 Edition gets launched in India
- Just Sayin' …Why is America so in love with guns?