"The decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting chaired by Tamil Nadu C.M Edappadi K Palaniswami today."More than 10 lakh employees include teachers get this benefits".
Following opposition to the entertainment tax, theatres in Tamil Nadu did not release any new movie.
In what can be said as a Diwali gift for the government employees, the Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday approved the 7th pay commission recommendations.
"If any theatre demands any amount more than the government fixed ticket price, complaint can be immediately filed", he said.
After posting record profit, Samsung CEO resigns
Kwon has been working as de facto head of the company following the imprisonment of the Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong. "It is something I had been thinking long and hard about for quite some time", Kwon said in a statement.
"It is good that the government has chose to reduce the tax". The ticket prices in airconditioned cinema halls throughout Tamil Nadu, other than multiplexes, will be a minimum of Rs 40 and maximum Rs 100.
The TFPC has cleared the roadblock for Mersal's release and the film will hit the screens on Diwali as scheduled. An official announcement will come next week, he said.
The decision was criticised by several political parties who accused the government of going back on its promise of implementing prohibition in the state. Over and above the GST, customers were charged with 10 percent entertainment tax for Tamil films and 20 percent for films made in other languages, according to a media report.
The industry alleged earlier that the levy of LBET by Chennai Corporation leads to double taxation, on an industry which is already reeling under the impact of high tax rates and piracy, and could well sound the death knell of the film industry.
- Mascherano to retire from internationals after 2018 World Cup
- Moors & Cabot Inc. Buys Shares of 21750 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Facebook now lets you order food without leaving Facebook
- Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor and Attitus Ross rework John Carpenter's Halloween
- How Many Glencore PLC (LON:GLEN)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- Passengers board last ever Flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th
- Blake Lively alleges she was harassed on set and producers didn't care
- Hartley to race F1 for Toro Rosso
- Neil deMause: Trump right to question National Football League subsidies
- Aamir Khan Sidelines Katrina Kaif For Fatima Sana Shaikh, Actress Upset?