James reportedly aggravated his ankle as the Cavs unveiling a brand-new starting line-up featuring James, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Jae Crowder and Kevin Love. James will miss Friday's preseason finale against the Magic in Orlando, and his status for the Cavaliers' season-opener against the Celtics on October 17 is uncertain.
"He didn't practice today". Because of this, the four-time NBA MVP (Most Valuable Player) has been ruled out of his team's final preseason game against the Orlando Magic happening tomorrow, October 13.
While Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward ended up in Boston, the archrival Celtics, still will have to contend with Cleveland, a unsafe Atlanta Hawks squad and an under-the-radar team in the Miami Heat.
Lue also noted James received treatment all day Wednesday, "so I'm not sure if we should be concerned (about his availability against the Celtics) or not". "But it's pretty sore today, so we'll just see what happens".
James, who has never missed a season opener in his 14-season National Basketball Association career, sat out almost two weeks for training camp after spraining his left ankle during the second day of practice.
"We cleaned it up today and pretty much put in four sets that they will run throughout the course of the game and throughout the course of the season that keeps the floor spread, but it's continuous action", Lue said, according to ESPN. James had 17 points but also registered eight turnovers.
Ronald Koeman not interested in Holland job
Koeman, meanwhile, ruled himself out of contention to become the next Holland boss after their failure to qualify for the World Cup.
James originally injured his ankle during Cleveland's practice on September 27. The team held an extended practice Wednesday looking to right the ship, even without James.
Lue said J.R. Smith will rejoin the starting lineup while James is out and guard Jose Calderon will enter the rotation.
"It's a challenge when you've got a new team and you want to incorporate stuff.You want to see what works".
"Not sure (if James will play against Boston)".
If James misses anything more than a game or two, it would represent a deviation from past trends. "You asked me if I was a regular season game, could I have played".
One can only wonder, but while some may want to dismiss them as too old, too slow and playing in an inferior conference, it would be wise to never understate them.
- Mascherano to retire from internationals after 2018 World Cup
- Passengers board last ever Flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th
- NCAA "could not conclude North Carolina violated NCAA rules"
- Spain gives Catalan leader 8 days to drop independence
- RIL Q2 net profit up 12.5% to ₹8109 cr
- Court rules that unsent text message is man's last will and testament
- Neil deMause: Trump right to question National Football League subsidies
- Junker does not want Catalonian independence — EU Spain
- Penn State preparing to keep James Franklin if other schools pursue him
- Google is now making video calling easier and faster on Android smartphones