The court said the government should not deport the refugees, but did not pass a formal order putting any restrictions.
India's top court said Rohingya Muslims issue is of "great magnitude" and the state has a big role to play.
The apex court stated, 'We have to strike a balance. It is not an ordinary case.
Furthermore, the Supreme Court also added that Rohingyas can not be deported till the matter is being heard in the court. "The issue involves human rights of many", the bench said. While nearly directing the centre not to deport the Rohingya Muslims from the country, the bench headed by Chief Justice of India, Dipak Misra said that a balance needs to be struck.Читайте также: US Soccer Needs to Model Itself After Atlanta United
In last hearing on October 3, the Supreme Court said that it will examine all the issues involved in the moves to deport Rohingya refugees back to Myanmar and urged the rival parties to address the issue on the strength of law shunning emotional arguments.
Additional Solicitor General Tushar Mehta submitted that the government would not like the matter to be heard in a piecemeal manner as it has wide ramifications and added that it would prefer a day for detailed hearing.
They contend that many Rohingyas, who had fled to India after the earlier spate of violence, are settled in Jammu, Hyderabad, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi-NCR and Rajasthan.
Senior advocate Fali S Nariman, appearing for the petitioner Rohingya refugees, opposed the government stand and said the petition under Article 32 was maintainable as the Constitution guaranteed individual rights. India also told the United Nations Human Rights Council that the prevailing situation in Myanmar's Rakhine state should be handled with "restraint" and focus on the "welfare of the civilian population".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- New Orleans police officer dies in shootout
- United Kingdom man resuscitated after fish jumps down throat
- Bixby 2.0 on the way 18th October
- New Mutants director to adapt Stephen King's The Talisman
- Microsoft Edge Browser now Available for Android at Google Play Store
- Boyfriend of pregnant Maryland teacher indicted on murder charge
- Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC) Receives Average Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- Family held hostage by Taliban flying home to Canada
- QS Investors LLC Cuts Position in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
- Roswell reboot in the works at The CW with Trump-era twist