Great Wall is one of few Chinese carmakers without an global carmaking partner.
Great Wall, which in August expressed an interest in the Jeep brand of Italian-American automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV's, is one of China's largest vehicle makers.
BMW AG is working on a deal to outsource the manufacturing of Mini cars in China to Great Wall Motor Co, the country's biggest SUV maker, according to people with knowledge of the plan. Sergio Marchionne, CEO of FCA said his company won't consider selling Jeep as a separate entity and rejected the idea of making a deal with Chinese rival Great Wall Motor Co, reports Bloomberg.
A BMW executive familiar with the matter told Reuters the report was "generally true".
Can women enter Sabarimala temple? 5-judge Constitution Bench to decide
They framed several questions to be dealt with by the Constitution Bench, including whether the temple can restrict women's entry. After hearing petitions challenging the ban for quite some time now, the apex court is likely to announce its verdict today.
If the JV project moves ahead, it will be BMW's second partnership operation in China. "But producing electric cars will help BMW to meet its quota now that China demands every carmaker in the country. produce a certain number of such cars starting from 2019".
The talks of an alliance between BMW and Great Wall come at a time when Chinese government is aggressively pushing automakers to switch to alternative fuel vehicles.
"Our business development with the joint venture BMW Brilliance Automotive will continue as planned, and we will carry on to invest and develop our joint venture." a spokesman for BMW said, declining to comment on any new joint venture.
While BMW already builds cars locally in a venture with Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd, Great Wall doesn't have any carmaking partners in China.
- Thor: Ragnarok Tracking Around $90-100 Million
- China Sept exports rise 8.1 pct y/y, imports up 18.7 pct
- Boyfriend of pregnant Maryland teacher indicted on murder charge
- Microsoft Edge Browser now Available for Android at Google Play Store
- Rishard Matthews says he'd quit National Football League if forced to stand for anthem
- Life is Strange: Before The Storm Episode Two Launch Trailer Released
- 'You don't appreciate him' - Bilic slams Hart hate
- Bixby 2.0 on the way 18th October
- Maryam Nawaz, Captain Safdar appear before court once again
- Keep an Eyeball on P/FCF Ratio: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI)