Equipment levels are pretty similar to the Coupe too, with leather, heated seats, parking sensors, 360-degree surround view, heated steering wheel and new wood or carbon fibre panels on the seat backs.
The DB11 Volante replaces the DB9 Volante and will initially be powered by a 4.0L twin turbocharged V8 that's borrowed from Mercedes-AMG. It has chosen to launch with the lighter V8 engine rather than a V12 to ensure handling is as keen as possible.
The eight-layer convertible fabric roof is available in red, dark silver or grey silver. The convertible sports auto benefits from three-stage powertrain and chassis modes, working in ideal harmony with the eight-speed automatic transmission, electric power steering, and limited-slip differential with dynamic torque vectoring.
Bank of America earnings boosted by higher interest rates
Moynihan and his executives have promised for years that the bank will boost revenue from lending whenever interest rates rise. The higher results came as Bank of America grew overall revenue 1 percent to $21.8 billion while continuing to slash expenses.
Max Szwaj, Aston Martin Chief Technical Officer, adds: "The challenge of creating a convertible auto is retaining structural and dynamic integrity".
Perhaps surprisingly, Aston hasn't provided the car's vital performance statistics, such as acceleration or top speed, but it has confirmed that the roof drops flat in just 14 seconds and can go up again in 16 seconds and that it can still be raised or lowered while driving at speeds of up to 31mph, even if driving into a 31mph headwind at the time.
The new model is created to be lighter and sportier than its predecessor while still adding interior space and comforts that a well-heeled Aston Martin owner may expect. Aston Martin also says that the new soft top design provides 20 percent more trunk space than the outgoing DB9.
Prices for the Volante start at £159,900 in the United Kingdom, €199,000 in Europe and $216,495 in the US. With Aston Martin on the trunk lid, you knew the auto wasn't going to be cheap. Deliveries will get underway in early 2018.
- Child marriage - laws should be more stringent
- New Orleans police officer dies in shootout
- Settlers of Catan Movie on the Way From Sony
- Probe if there is evidence, says RSS on Jay Shah row
- Sen. Collins to announce this morning whether she will run for governor
- N'Golo Kante and Alvaro Morata unlikely to feature against Crystal Palace
- USMNT coach Bruce Arena calls World Cup qualifying elimination 'a blemish'
- Honor 6C Pro with 5.2 inch HD Display and 3000mAH Battery Launched
- Michael Owen states his prediction for Tottenham v Bournemouth
- Uber appeals London decision to pull its license