The apex court, while banning the sale of firecrackers till November 1, had said that its September 12 order temporarily lifting the stay and permitting the sale of firecrackers, would be made effective only from November one.
The interim application would come up for hearing before a bench headed by Justice A K Sikri.
The top court said it has not changed the September 12 order but its November 11, 2016 order banning the sale of firecrackers "should be given a chance". "Anyhow, it is not going to be a cracker-free Diwali", the court said.
The Supreme Court has maintained its earlier directive issued on October 9, banning the sale of firecrackers in the Delhi-NCR area, dismissing a petition that had been filed in the apex court to allow the firecrackers sale.
The Supreme Court has refused to relax the ban on the sale of firecrackers in Delhi NCR, however, clarifying that people may burst firecrackers which they already have.
The ban on sale and stocking of firecrackers will be in effect until November 1, 2017.Читайте также: US Soccer Needs to Model Itself After Atlanta United
The apex court's decision was, however, not welcomed by the firecracker traders.
Disagreeing with the SC's ban on crackers sale, renowned author Chetan Bhagat had asked on Monday why such bans are only against Hindu festivals.
On 9 October, the court had imposed a ban on the sale of firecrackers in NCR that would remain in effect until 31 October and said that any further orders would be passed based on assessment of the situation that would emerge after Diwali.
He also suggested that the court could restrict the time for bursting firecrackers or its sale.
Last Diwali celebration, the contamination in Delhi was said to be very hazardous and the worst as compared to the last decade.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Jane Fonda Admits She Knew About Harvey Weinstein A Year Ago
- BMW may partner with Great Wall to expand Chinese production
- Boyfriend of pregnant Maryland teacher indicted on murder charge
- First teaser for New Mutants coming tomorrow
- Turkish forces launch incursion into Syria
- Maryam Nawaz, Captain Safdar appear before court once again
- Microsoft Edge Browser now Available for Android at Google Play Store
- Keep an Eyeball on P/FCF Ratio: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI)
- Bixby 2.0 on the way 18th October
- Paraguay oust Turkey, top group