"Ophelia is moving toward the northeast near 3mph (6km/h)".
While Ophelia is now a unsafe storm, by the time it lands, the high winds should have subsided.
The storm had winds of 120 kilometers an hour and was located some 1,200 kilometers south-west of the Azores, where it posed no immediate danger to land, the hurricane center said.
Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Maker Of Bump Stock Used In Shooting
Its voicemail box was not accepting messages and the company has not commented since the shooting took place. One of Eglet's attorneys representing plaintiffs in the case is State Senator Aaron Ford.
The Met Office: "Ophelia will no longer be a hurricane, but will most likely still be a detailed low pressure system bringing strong winds across Northern Ireland and western parts of the United Kingdom". Ophelia remains well away from any landmasses at the present time.
With maximum sustained winds of 85 mph, Ophelia is roughly 725 miles southwest of the Azores in the northeastern Atlantic Ocean.
The storm will draw up warm tropical air, bringing warm temperatures to the south. The storm may affect the British Isles as an extra-tropical cyclone early next week, bring heavy rain and potentially damaging winds.
The storm will no longer be hurricane strength by the time it hits BritainWhat is the latest United Kingdom weather forecast?
- Coolest Things Facebook Announced At Oculus Go Launch Event
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board Increases Position in AerCap Holdings (AER)
- Revenue Estimates Analysis Of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ACRX)
- Former football star George Weah became president
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:MRNS), Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN)
- Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (ABEO) Shares Gap Up Following Analyst Upgrade
- Who was Aarushi Talwar?
- Taika Waititi approached to direct live-action Akira but has whitewashing concerns
- German Airline Lufthansa To Buy Lion's Share Of Air Berlin's Planes
- Stocks Gaining Momentum on SMA and Performance Valuation: Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL)