In the future, the noise of auto engines revving around the streets of Paris might become just a memory. "Transport is one of the main greenhouse gas producers...so we are planning an exit from combustion engine vehicles, or fossil-energy vehicles, by 2030". Electric cars will not be affected by the ban.
Paris will eradicate gas- and diesel-powered vehicles from the city by 2030, reports Reuters. The statement added that Paris officials would keep discussing the issue with residents and auto makers in the coming months.
Christophe Najdovski, who is in charge of transport and roads at the City Hall, said on Thursday that it was "high time" to get the ball rolling on the ban, not least considering the threat of Paris's notoriously high air pollution level. Parts of the city have "no-car zones", and the city even hosts an entire day when cars aren't permitted within the 40-square-mile area that Paris covers. A year later, the body measuring air pollution said the move had no significant impact on residents' exposure to carbon emissions across the whole city. "In recent months, many carmakers have announced their decision to invest in electric vehicles and gradually disengage from diesel and gasoline".
Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc. Initiates Coverage on Seattle Genetics, Inc. (SGEN)
The rating was upgraded by Piper Jaffray to "Neutral" on Friday, October 30. ( NYSE:VZ ), 6 have Buy rating, 0 Sell and 19 Hold. The Firm is engaged in the development and sale of pharmaceutical products on its own behalf or in collaboration with others.
With her ambition of taking gasoline-powered cars off the Paris roads by 2030, Hidalgo wants to go faster than the French government.
However, the city has countered speculation of a ban on either petrol or diesel, stating: "No measure of prohibition or sanction is included in the new Plan Climat Énergie Territorial de Paris".
- 'Stranger Things' reveals episode titles for season 2 in eerie new video
- The Definitive Checklist For Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR)
- Tokio Marine Asset Management Co. Ltd. Grows Position in Amazon.com, Inc
- Army jawan, porter killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistani Army
- Lawler, dos Anjos to headline UFC Winnipeg
- Boston Scientific Corp (NYSE:BSX) 2017 Q2 Sentiment
- Ronda Rousey teases signing with the WWE
- Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs Have Reportedly Split
- Earnings Approximations to Watch: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (REGN), Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- Target Expands Google Express Offer Nationwide to Counter Amazon