Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Daniyal Aziz has claimed that Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan has failed to produce evidence of his assets before the apex court.
The warrants have been issued for the said date to ensure presence of the PTI chairman before the ECP on the next hearing.
Meanwhile, the PTI said it would challenge the decision in the high court.
Calling the court proceedings against Imran as sponsored action, he said that some political quarters are engaged to distract democratic reforms' process and such cases against his client were being filed under a malicious design.
Auburn denies claim academic staffer took exam for football player
An athletic department spokesperson called the allegation of impropriety "false" in the university's official response. An attorney for the tutor told ESPN that his client was placed on administrative leave while the inquiry took place.
Akbar Babar, the petitioner who had filed the foreign funding case against the PTI leadership, had informed the ECP that the PTI chief had accused it of being biased in the foreign funding case following which his counsel tendered an apology with the commission.
During the proceeding, Awan then said that his client had taken back the "scandalous remarks" against the commission, hence the issue was resolved, adding that Khan had made an unconditional apology on the matter.
On September 14, the ECP had issued a bailable arrest warrant against Khan following his failure to show up for the proceedings, which were later suspended by the court on the PTI's petition. Later, when the PTI chief did not submit any response, the ECP issued a second show-cause notice to him on August 24.
He has contended before the IHC bench that the ECP had been provided with the power to prosecute contempt through Section 103-A of the Representation of Peoples Act 1976, and it was not amended to the extent of the Ordinance of 2003.
- Google to disable Home Mini top touch functionality after 24/7 recording issue
- AO Signal in Focus For Utilities ETF Vanguard (VPU)
- How to watch SpaceX Falcon 9 launch
- India vs Australia: Jason Behrendorff lets his 'skill do the talking'
- (CELG) Position Maintained by Cardinal Capital Management
- Rafael Nadal reaches third round in style — ATP Shanghai
- Hamas says it has reached deal with Palestinian rival Fatah in Cairo
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc
- No Colombia pact, insists Peru's Tapia
- Jio users! Here is a Dhan Dhana Dhan offer for you