Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Daniyal Aziz has claimed that Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan has failed to produce evidence of his assets before the apex court.
The warrants have been issued for the said date to ensure presence of the PTI chairman before the ECP on the next hearing.
Meanwhile, the PTI said it would challenge the decision in the high court.
Calling the court proceedings against Imran as sponsored action, he said that some political quarters are engaged to distract democratic reforms' process and such cases against his client were being filed under a malicious design.
Google to disable Home Mini top touch functionality after 24/7 recording issue
"We take user privacy and product quality concerns very seriously", a Google spokesperson said in a statement today. Russakovskii's Home Mini was one of the many test units that Google handed away at the press event last week.
Akbar Babar, the petitioner who had filed the foreign funding case against the PTI leadership, had informed the ECP that the PTI chief had accused it of being biased in the foreign funding case following which his counsel tendered an apology with the commission.
During the proceeding, Awan then said that his client had taken back the "scandalous remarks" against the commission, hence the issue was resolved, adding that Khan had made an unconditional apology on the matter.
On September 14, the ECP had issued a bailable arrest warrant against Khan following his failure to show up for the proceedings, which were later suspended by the court on the PTI's petition. Later, when the PTI chief did not submit any response, the ECP issued a second show-cause notice to him on August 24.
He has contended before the IHC bench that the ECP had been provided with the power to prosecute contempt through Section 103-A of the Representation of Peoples Act 1976, and it was not amended to the extent of the Ordinance of 2003.
- Who was Aarushi Talwar?
- Auburn denies claim academic staffer took exam for football player
- First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- Arsenal to consider swapping Sanchez for Draxler in January
- Visitors pranked on China glass bridge that appears to shatter beneath them
- Arturo Vidal ends Chile career after FIFA World Cup exit
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc
- Will Kinder Morgan Beat Its Net Income Estimates for 3Q17?
- 22nd Century Group, Inc. (NYSE: XXII)
- Spain threatens to suspend Catalonia's autonomy in crisis