Falcao, who plays his club football for French Ligue 1 side Monaco, was seen in discussion with Peruvian players with his hand covering his mouth towards the end of the 1-1 draw in Lima.
There was an absolutely weird ending to the World Cup qualifying clash between Colombia and Peru last night.
The match stood at 1-1 at the time, meaning Colombia had qualified automatically for the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation while Peru would secure a place in the play offs, where they would meet New Zealand for a spot.
Several South American media have published photos of the moment and dubbed it the "Lima Pact".
Diamondback Energy, Inc. (FANG) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Buy
BidaskClub downgraded Diamondback Energy from a "sell" rating to a "strong sell" rating in a research note on Tuesday, June 20th. As analysts monitor volatile markets in recent weeks they have updated their price targets on shares of Diamondback Energy, Inc.
"We again began to see Colombia in many aspects that we want to see, very solid in each line".
Peru ended up with a goal difference of +1 and Chile -1 as Ricardo Gareca's team march on. "They knew what the situation was in the other games", Tapia told Panamericana TV station in an interview aired on Wednesday.
Former Newcastle winger Nolberto Solano said: "We needed to win, them too".
"I spoke with Falcao and he said to me that we were both in, so there was happiness about that".
Peru's hopes of ending their 36-year absence from the World Cup remain alive after they edged into fifth to earn a winner-takes-all two-legged intercontinental play-off against New Zealand. "What pact? That's speculation", he told RPP radio station.
- Auburn denies claim academic staffer took exam for football player
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (NYSE:LVS) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- Western Gas Partners, LP (WES) Consensus EPS Forecasts
- Capstead Mortgage Corporation (NYSE:CMO) Experiences Light Trading Volume
- Gamco Investors INC. ET AL Invests $313000 in Twitter Inc (TWTR)
- India vs Australia: Jason Behrendorff lets his 'skill do the talking'
- 22nd Century Group, Inc. (NYSE: XXII)
- Rafael Nadal reaches third round in style — ATP Shanghai
- Arsenal to consider swapping Sanchez for Draxler in January
- Google to disable Home Mini top touch functionality after 24/7 recording issue