All of these consoles are the regular white Xbox One S with a 500GB harddrive plus one controller. "I look at Pro as more of a competitor to S than I do to Xbox One X. This is a true 4K console". Now players can purchase certain Xbox 360 games and play them on Xbox One, but Microsoft said it was looking into expanding that feature to encompass the older console. However, while many have expressed that this lack of new software means that the Xbox brand has a lot riding on the Xbox One X's success, Microsoft acknowledges that they are appealing to a niche audience with the system. "It's like when we built the Xbox One Elite controller, we didn't try to say to everybody, 'If you need an extra controller, go buy the Elite controller.' We sold a ton of those controllers", Spencer said. It's hard to do that with gamers.
Such a setup of premium gaming was so far typical to the PCs, but now consoles are also joining in. Available in all Xbox One markets except U.S., Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Hungary, Russia, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Belgium and the Netherlands.
Richard Branson invests in the hyperloop
Musk's hyperloop involvement is for now limited to potentially building the tunnels with his latest startup - The Boring Company. Virgin Galactic founder Richard Branson predicts he will travel in space before he ever becomes a passenger on a hyperloop.
Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility should be with fans soon, as Microsoft gets closer to bringing classic games to Xbox One. In other words, the Xbox One X is a more powerful version of the Xbox One that Microsoft anticipates will be in demand by a lot of gamers, though not all of them. Spencer, though, wants to know and, during a GameSpot interview, invited Sony to publicly discuss the matter.
Spencer said they are on track when it comes to backward compatibility. I feel really good. The executive is also confident on coming up with the feature before the end of the year.
Microsoft has predicted that its own console, the Xbox One X, won't be a massive sales hit, suggesting that the Xbox One S will continue to be the company's market leader as a result of its affordability.
- Earnings Approximations to Watch: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (REGN), Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- Oh No! Shahid Kapoor 'Trolled' for his 'shirtless' Padmavati still
- Things to Watch in Wells Fargo's Results
- Spain's defense ministry confirms jet crash
- Royal Mail wins court injunction to prevent strike
- Analysts' Activity: Mannkind Corporation (MNKD)
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (FOX), Dollar General Corporation (DG)
- Death Toll Climbs to 23 as Winds Fan California Wildfires
- Delhi: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's auto stolen near Secretariat
- Smith on top in Malaysia