Marine operations at the Port of Durban have partially resumed following disruptions caused by inclement weather experienced this week. "Our immediate focus is to continue with the implementation of the recovery operations", said TNPA Chief Executive Shulami Qalinge.
The KwaZulu-Natal provincial officials confirmed that at least eight people had died as a result of the storm with further reports of missing people.
A container ship blocks the harbour mouth in Durban, South Africa, October 10, 2017 in this still image obtained from a social media video.
Teams had also managed to refloat the floating dock at the premises of Southern African Shipyards together with one of TNPA's nine new tugs which was still under construction at the shipyard.
Biogen Inc. (BIIB) Ownership Decreased by Gulf International Bank (uk) Ltd
The company has a market capitalization of $70.22 billion, a P/E ratio of 21.79 and a beta of 0.77. (NYSE:GIS) or 9,440 shares. On September 13 BMO Capital kept the company rating at "Market Perform" but moved up the price target from $284.70 to $377.00.
Mop-up operations were under way and sounding surveys were being conducted to check for any build-up or obstruction on the seabed that could pose a risk to shipping.
In a company statement TNPA said: "Whilst we are still in the process of determining damage to port infrastructure we are relieved that no injuries have been reported".
He said the BCP will remain in place until the TNPA has restored normal operations at the Port of Durban. "We commend the marine workers involved who displayed skill and agility in managing the situation".
"At this stage vessel movements in the Port of Durban remain suspended until futher notice".
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone
- Bengals TE Tyler Eifert contemplating another back surgery, report says
- Warm with chance of scattered showers
- India September Consumer Price Inflation Unchanged at 3.28%
- Allahabad HC acquits Talwars in Aarushi murder case, gives benefit of doubt
- Callon Petroleum (NYSE:CPE) Is Now Covered By Jefferies
- LG and Apple may partner to make foldable displays for the iPhone
- Domino's Pizza beats Street 3Q forecasts
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS)
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds