Irving will get to see Cleveland in person one time this season when the Celtics face off with the Cavaliers to start the season October 17.
"To come from another city like Cleveland, and understanding what the city represents and is embodied there, what we accomplished there - is pretty monumental to be a team that did what we did in a historic fashion, and understanding the culture we continued to build there and the legacy that I left there", he said. Then, on Wednesday night, after the Celtics' win in Charlotte, Irving gave another fan in his Celtics jersey the shoes right off his feet.
"Understanding the fans and the connection I had there, and moving into Boston, there's a lot of newness", said Irving.
A much younger and in-his-prime Dwight Howard possibly might've had a chance to stay with Kyrie Irving on the break, but this current, aging version of the Hornets big man with all his back problems and other physical ailments simply had no chance of stopping Kyrie Irving on the open floor. You get it all, especially in Boston. He has been getting a taste of his new city since the trade that shook the basketball world back in July, going as far to call Boston "a real, live sports city".
Tyres burnt while Namal and 5 others being taken to prison
He accused the government of trying to sell the airport named after his father to an Indian company at a rock bottom price. Hambantota District Magistrate Manjula Karunaratne yesterday ordered the remand of parliamentarians Namal Rajapaksa, D.V.
The difference between Boston and Cleveland is practically night and day.
"You would go to Cleveland, and it would be at nighttime, and things would be going on, but you just see a vast difference in terms of what the Midwest is - Cleveland - and what Boston is".
It's important to note that it's very possible that Irving's words are coming off harsher than intended.
"My love extends way beyond the court I have for Cleveland and it will always be a place thats special because of the great people and experiences". Based on these comments, the decibels of boos might increase.
- Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL) Closed Higher Than Its 50 Day Average
- Analyzing the Insider Data for Antero Resources Corporation (AR)
- Fans call for McDonald's 'boycott' following Szechuan sauce snafu
- Federal Bureau of Investigation seeking public's help identifying child predator
- Northwoods Mall to close again on Thanksgiving Day
- AU men's assistant basketball coach appears in federal court
- How Insiders and Institutions are Trading Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
- Chambers signs new two-year deal
- Girls in the Boy Scouts: NH reacts
- Top GOP campaign operative joins White House press team