Kyrgios was becoming frustrated and he was punished with a one-point deduction for yelling an expletive at the judge, before he threatened to walk off the court if he lost the set. He was then docked a point penalty for the second match running because of his conduct, which included belting a ball out of the court in a flash of rage.
What do you think about Kyrgios' punishment for what happened at Shanghai?
Australian Nick Kyrgios is under investigation by the sport's governing body after his latest on-court meltdown. "He can go in a spiral and get in the doldrums and then it takes quite a lot to lift him", said Croft. "He then needs other people around him and the right advice that he can respond to and lift his spirits a little bit".
Added to that, he forfeits his first-round singles prize money for taking a pass on the mandatory post match-retirement medical.
Combined, the fines totaled to more than USD31,000.
Kyrgios said: "Guys, I want to apologise to the fans in Shanghai and those that watched around the world on TV today".
The tweet later appeared to have been deleted. Subsequently, Kyrgios was fined and slapped with an eight-week suspension by the ATP.
Five Hollywood Studios On Board For Movies Anywhere Service
Movies Anywhere initially offers roughly 7,300 digital movies, along with previews and extras from the studios. Movies Anywhere allows consumers to have up to five subaccounts, in addition to the master account.
It was later announced that the #21 ranked player had also withdrawn from the double tournament on Wednesday. Again. The volatile Aussie's challenge went up in flames for the second successive year at the Shanghai Rolex Masters.
Only past year, he was fined $21,200 and hit with an eight-week suspension for tanking against Mischa Zverev in the second round of the same tournament.
But that's not all.
"Exactly why I shouldn't come here", he muttered.
"Obviously didn't have a great one a year ago, obviously got suspended after that".
"I've not eaten much in the past 24 hours".
However, Kyrgios seemed untroubled by the injury when they entered the first-set tie-break, but his temper soon got the better of him after he was angered by the unsettled crowd and the umpire.
- Spain threatens to suspend Catalonia's autonomy in crisis
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NASDAQ:PPC)
- Arsenal to consider swapping Sanchez for Draxler in January
- Will Kinder Morgan Beat Its Net Income Estimates for 3Q17?
- Capstead Mortgage Corporation (NYSE:CMO) Experiences Light Trading Volume
- Auburn denies claim academic staffer took exam for football player
- Western Gas Partners, LP (WES) Consensus EPS Forecasts
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) — Recommendation Trends
- AO Signal in Focus For Utilities ETF Vanguard (VPU)
- Isis 'White Widow' Sally Jones is killed by U.S. drone strike