The actor said he feared being "ostracised", particularly because the other man had such "power and influence".
Multiple stars have come forward since the New York Times expose accusing Weinstein of decades of sexual harassment and abuse. I applaud everybody speaking out. "There's a power dynamic that feels impossible to overcome", he continued. Van Der Beek joins the list of stars who have shared their personal encounters. His film credits include Varsity Blues (1999) and The Rules of Attraction (2002).
His revelation that harassment isn't confirmed to women in Hollywood echoed the experience of Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor Terry Crews, who revealed he was groped by a male Hollywood executive at a party a year ago.
"This whole thing with Harvey Weinstein is giving me PTSD. Why?"
Southwest says aloha to Hawaii
Southwest has typically driven down airfares on the routes it flies, in what is known as the "Southwest Effect ". The airline made the announcement during a company gathering in Southern California.
Actor Terry Crews recently revealed on Twitter that he was sexually assaulted by a Hollywood executive, who he didn't name. "I understand the shame is unjustified, the inability to say stop. Because this kind of thing happened to ME", he tweeted.
'Jumping back I said, "What are you doing?!"' he wrote. My wife saw everything n we looked at him like he was insane. "He just grinned like a jerk", the "White Chicks" star wrote in a series of tweets. "'240 lbs. Black Man stomps out Hollywood Honcho' would be the headline the next day", he wrote.
But the executive never explained why he thought it was appropriate to grab Crews' crotch, the actor said.
"I let it go". But Harvey Weinstein is not the only perpetrator.
"I understand and empathize with those who have remained silent". Actresses Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette also claimed that after rejecting Weinstein's unwanted advances, they were removed from or kept from being hired for projects. Weinstein was subsequently fired by the company he co-founded.
- 3 people fatally shot in southern OH , 8-year-old missing
- Family held hostage by Taliban rescued after 5 years
- Apple's $1 billion data centre gets Irish High Court green light
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS)
- India September Consumer Price Inflation Unchanged at 3.28%
- Arsenal and Liverpool to face off on Christmas Eve
- Domino's Pizza beats Street 3Q forecasts
- Snapchat now lets you call an Uber and make dinner reservations
- College Kids Can Now Use Amazon Prime at a Steep Discount
- Forget a Team-Diddy Wants to Buy the NFL