Manufacturing sector, which accounts for more than three-fourth of the entire index, continued to growth at 3.1 percent in August, compared with 0.1 percent growth in July, government data showed.
Meanwhile, the index of industrial production (IIP) increased to 4.3 per cent in August against July's figure of 1.2 per cent.
Prices of food products went up last month 0.54 pct, similar to those of non-food products while service tariffs increased 0.32 pct. Last year, consumer inflation rose by 4.39 per cent in the month of September.
The industrial production, which grew a meagre 1.2%, bearing the brunt of a dismal show of the manufacturing sector, made a remarkable comeback at 4.3%.
Google simplifies Android video calling
Primarily, Google's video calling app Duo will be the main app that will make video call to anyone with the app installed. With ViLTE (Video Over LTE), users can immediately switch to Video call even while in between a normal voice call.
As per use-based classification, the growth rates in August 2017 over August 2016 are 7.1 per cent in primary goods, 5.4 per cent in capital goods, (-) 0.2 per cent in intermediate goods and 2.5 per cent in infrastructure/ construction goods.
India's consumer price inflation numbers remained steady in September while industrial production rose favourably.
Earlier this month, the RBI left interest rates unchanged, after cutting the key rate by 25 basis points in August, while raising its retail inflation projection for October-March to a range of 4.2 to 4.6 percent, and lowered its economic growth estimates.
According to BNR, the CPI annual inflation rate going back to the target interval was estimated to occur in the third quarter of 2017.
- Woodstock Corp Purchases 3280 Shares of Pfizer, Inc. (PFE)
- South Korea Says No Sign of North Korean Missile Launch Yet
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Man City ace Aguero break silence over Amsterdam accident
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS)
- Southwest says aloha to Hawaii
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSE:CP) Files An 8-K Other Events
- Hrithik Roshan Vs Tiger Shroff Adds Vaani Kapoor To The Mix
- Germany: "No evidence" Kaspersky software used by Russians for hacks
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone