The move has been welcomed by animal rights activists, who have campaigned for years to ban fur in the fashion industry.
Gucci has agreed that beginning with its spring summer 2018 collection, the fashion house will no longer use real animal fur in any of its designs.
Marco Bizzarri, president and CEO of Gucci, has announced that the Italian fashion house is going to stop producing fur, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gucci's commitment follows a long-standing relationship with the HSUS and LAV-members of the global Fur Free Alliance, a coalition of more than 40 animal protection organizations working together to end the fur trade.
Rafael Nadal reaches third round in style — ATP Shanghai
Federer, chasing his 94th ATP title, found his rhythm as the match progressed to beat Argentine Diego Schwartzman 7-6 (7-4), 6-4. On a less lighter note, Donaldson said of playing Nadal: "You want to play against the best and see how your game stacks up".
"We will continue to strive to do better for the environment and animals". For this powerhouse to end the use of fur because of the cruelty involved will have a huge ripple effect throughout the world of fashion. Products, like Gucci's fur-lined loafers, will be replaced with products made of faux-fur, wool, and new fabrics.
Gucci has joined the fur-free brigade.
Senior manager of fashion policy for The HSUS PJ Smith praised Gucci's decision, saying, "Gucci's decision is a game-changing moment in the fashion industry". Protesters have long flocked to fashion weeks around the world to decry the practice of wearing animal skins.
The approach, Bizzarri explained is making "sustainability an intricate part" of the Gucci business.
Guccis fur-free decision is part of the companys new 10-year "Culture of Purpose" sustainability plan, which also includes the houses commitment to contribute 1 million euros as a founding partner of UNICEFs Girls Empowerment Initiative. The moves comes as Bizzarri added that over 60 percent of Gucci's employees are women and that gender diversity was a priority for the luxury label.
- Nanded Municipal Corporation Election Results: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM May Lose All Seats
- Visitors pranked on China glass bridge that appears to shatter beneath them
- First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- Non-Bailable warrant issued against PTI chief Imran Khan
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AERI) PT Set at $65.00 by Canaccord Genuity
- India vs Australia: Jason Behrendorff lets his 'skill do the talking'
- Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NAK) — Recommendation Trends
- (CELG) Position Maintained by Cardinal Capital Management
- Auburn denies claim academic staffer took exam for football player
- Lookout for Price Target? Chevron Corporation (CVX), Amazon.com, Inc