The presidential elections in Liberia are being done in six years.
At end of election of 2 million votes, elected president, George Weah, will replace Nobel peace laureate Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, who has ruled country for 12 years.
"The Liberty Party is deeply troubled by the discovery of numerous incidents of irregularities and fraud that occurred during the elections", Liberty Party national chairman Benjamin Sanvee said in a statement. It apologized for delays in some areas and said it had quarantined materials from one precinct and will investigate reports of alleged compromised voting.Читайте также: Nokia 9 renders with curved glass and bezel-less design surface online
Former Chelsea, Manchester City and AC Milan footballer George Weah faces a run-off in his bid to become president of Liberia.
Former Ballon d'Or victor, George Weah has emerged as the newly elected president of Liberia to succeed Elen Johnson Sirleaf.
Worldwide observers say the polls went smoothly despite late start to voting in some counties. A runoff election, if needed, would come two weeks after that announcement. She led the country's recovery from a 14-year civil war and guided it through the Ebola crisis in 2014-15 that killed almost 5,000 Liberians. Voters commended her leadership, but also said they are ready for change when they lined up for Tuesday's historic vote. The turnout was impressive, especially among the younger generations, said Christopher Fomunyoh, of the U.S. funded National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, which is monitoring the elections.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Gucci goes fur-free in move praised as a game-changer
- Tillerson Calls Turkish Foreign Minister Over Recent Detentions
- EAFE Value Index MSCI Ishares (EFV): Tracking the Technicals
- Shkodran Mustafi adds to Arsène Wenger's Arsenal woes
- North Korean Foreign Minister: Pyongyang at 'state of equal power with US'
- Jamie Carragher names Chelsea star as one of Premier League's best
- Amazon Kindle Oasis with 7-inch display, waterproof design launched in India
- No Colombia pact, insists Peru's Tapia
- Nutanix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTNX)
- Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (ABEO) Shares Gap Up Following Analyst Upgrade