Equifax, the credit reporting company at the heart of a major hacking scandal, has taken a customer help page offline as it looks into into a report that it has been breached again, CNBC reported. Equifax says it took the page down "out of an abundance of caution" as it investigates.
The company said the problem is in its credit report assistance link on its website.
Having already leaked the personal information of half the people in the entire United States, you might think things have gotten pretty much as bad as they can get for Equifax. "We are aware of the situation", a spokesman said. The website is now down for maintenance. "We appreciate your patience during this time and ask that you check back with us soon".
Latest Truepoint Inc. Has $255000 Position in Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT)
As of the end of the quarter Patton Albertson Miller Group, LLC had bought a total of 807 shares growing its holdings by 3.4%. Capital Investment Advsrs Ltd reported 18,215 shares. (NASDAQ:CPRT). 153,290 were accumulated by Redmond Asset Ltd Liability.
Equifax shares dropped 2.4 percent to $107.83 at 1:08 p.m.in NY, the worst performance in the 68-company S&P 500 Industrials Index.
The breach was disclosed on September 7, but it had actually happened between mid-May and late July. The latest claims reveal that after one of the largest data breaches ever, Equifax still may not have learned its lesson about providing proper security for its customers.
The incident comes just over a month after Equifax disclosed a massive data breach in which hackers stole the personal information of more than 145 million US consumers. Abrams told tech reporters at Ars Technica that he discovered the hack while using Equifax to dispute his own credit report.
- Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc. Initiates Coverage on Seattle Genetics, Inc. (SGEN)
- Unusual Activity Sighted in Fastenal Company (NASDAQ:FAST) Shares
- What colour are these shoes? Latest optical illusion divides the internet
- Army jawan, porter killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistani Army
- Lawler, dos Anjos to headline UFC Winnipeg
- Trump Warns Puerto Rico Weeks After Storms: Federal Help Cannot Stay 'Forever'
- Glu Mobile, Inc. (GLUU) — Trending Stock Analysis
- TCS Q2 profit falls 2% to Rs6,446 crore
- Trump's words hang over NAFTA table as USA business frets
- Gunbattle leaves two Indian Air Force commandos dead in occupied Kashmir