91-year-old Waldeman Thompson died after being tied up along with his 100-year-old wife Ethline.
The elderly couple had been sitting inside of their Bedford-Stuyvesant home when the crooks snuck into the residence and set upon them around 3:30 p.m., according to police.
The home was ransacked, and the robbers had fled.
According to the police department, the wife eventually untied herself and called 911 after the perpetrators tied her and her husband up. Police arrived to find her husband unresponsive on the floor. The officers requested an ambulance and immediately began CPR. Sources told News 4 the burglars may have beaten him, but the nature of his deadly injuries wasn't clear.
The couple was transported to the hospital where the husband was pronounced deceased. "He grew me up in Jamaica", says Karlene Grose.
Himachal Pradesh Election Dates To Be Announced At 4 PM
The Election Commission is expected to announce polls dates for the Assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh . According to sources, the Gujarat polls are likely to be conducted in two phases while Himachal elections in one phase.
"When I saw that, 'Oh my God, '" she said. It breaks my heart to see my uncle died.
Grose said the Thompsons had been married for decades, and now Ethlin Brumley will be without her partner.
Police descended on Decatur Street as they searched for the suspects Tuesday evening.
Police say they are reviewing surveillance video from a nearby deli and it may show the suspects. Police said they are treating this as a home invasion robbery homicide.
- Google simplifies Android video calling
- Former football star George Weah became president
- Pepsico, Inc. (PEP) Holdings Increased by Mn Services Vermogensbeheer BV
- Germany: "No evidence" Kaspersky software used by Russians for hacks
- Stocks Gaining Momentum on SMA and Performance Valuation: Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL)
- Oculus Go VR Headset Introduced By Oculus From $199
- Man City ace Aguero break silence over Amsterdam accident
- EAFE Value Index MSCI Ishares (EFV): Tracking the Technicals
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSE:CP) Files An 8-K Other Events
- Abeona Therapeutics Inc. (ABEO) Shares Gap Up Following Analyst Upgrade