There has not been a fixture on Christmas Eve for 22 years and the logistics of such scheduling immediately led to opposition from both Liverpool, Arsenal and supporters' groups concerned about the impact such a move would have in terms of travel and staffing implications.
Given his say, Wenger admitted at his weekly press conference that he would rather not kick off any later than 2pm if Arsenal are asked to play on Christmas Eve. "Even when we have differences of opinion we at least understand each other's point of view". However, given that Sky now shares broadcasting rights with BT Sport and considering the profile of a fixture between Arsenal and Liverpool, it had considered moving the game to 24 December.
No decision will be taken until next week but Sky Sports may decide to show one game at an earlier time slot.
Duterte pulls police off drugs crackdown
This will also be the second time that President Duterte ordered the PNP to stop all anti-drug operations nationwide. He dared them to cut ties with the Philippines and have their ambassadors leave within 24 hours.
Manchester United's fixture against Leicester City has also been mooted as a potential Christmas Eve fixture as has Newcastle United's trip to West Ham. "If that happens, I think no game should be played after 2pm".
Leicester Tigers can not move their game because the match with Saracens is being broadcast live on BT Sport.
"Richard also made clear there will not be a match at 4pm (or later) on Christmas Eve but was unable to comment regarding earlier kick-off times on that date as discussions between the Premier League and the clubs are ongoing".
- Snapchat now lets you call an Uber and make dinner reservations
- Tracking Shares of Blackrock Muni Income Trust II (BLE) — Market Focus
- College Kids Can Now Use Amazon Prime at a Steep Discount
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone
- Alexander Zverev: 'It's impossible to lose a match like this'
- Warm with chance of scattered showers
- Domino's Pizza beats Street 3Q forecasts
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS)
- 3 people fatally shot in southern OH , 8-year-old missing
- Apple to reboot Speilberg's Amazing Stories TV series