The Allahabad High Court on Thursday ruled that dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar from Delhi were not guilty of the murder of their daughter Aarushi, 14, and domestic help Hemraj in 2008. The landmark verdict said that the parents of Aarushi Talwar, who were the prime suspects of the murder, had to be acquitted as there was no substantial evidence which pointed tyo their being guilty.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi Talwar was found dead on May 16, 2008 in her house in Noida with her throat slit and head bludgeoned. But, to the surprise of the police, his body was found another day on the terrace of the building in a locked room. Onus on Talwars to prove that who else could have killed Aarushi and Hemraj. Her parents had been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a CBI court in 2013.
Jailor of the Ghaziabad's Dasna prison Dadhiram Maurya said the Talwars felt they have got justice and were praying. Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to issue a statement in this regard shortly. Seeing the circumstances, it found Rajesh Talwar as the sole suspect, but couldn't charge him as their was lack of evidence against him.
The CBI said it would study the high court order and decide its future course of action.
The Uttar Pradesh Police accused Rajesh Talwar of killing his daughter in a fit of rage after he allegedly found Aarushi in a compromising situation with Hemraj.
Brooklyn home invasion leaves man, 91, dead and wife injured, NYPD says
Grose said the Thompsons had been married for decades, and now Ethlin Brumley will be without her partner. Sources told News 4 the burglars may have beaten him, but the nature of his deadly injuries wasn't clear.
Both parents were later charged, but the Talwars always denied the murder and blamed sensational media coverage for demonising them and damaging their defence.
When all efforts to dismiss the trial court's decision failed, the Talwar couple approached the Supreme Court.
Rajesh was arrested for double murders on May 23.
At a point in the film, Irrfan's character Ashwin, the reluctant CBI officer who is handed the case, screams in frustration: Crime scene ko machhli bazaar banake rakkha hai!
Rajesh and Nupur, who are serving life sentence at Ghaziabad's Dasna jail, had moved the High Court against their conviction by the CBI court. The police was accused by many for not doing their investigation properly and they were even accused of tempering the evidences. "In fact, they will have to answer a number of questions in the Supreme Court as to why they did not investigate properly".
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board Increases Position in AerCap Holdings (AER)
- Former football star George Weah became president
- College Kids Can Now Use Amazon Prime at a Steep Discount
- Man City ace Aguero break silence over Amsterdam accident
- EAFE Value Index MSCI Ishares (EFV): Tracking the Technicals
- Germany: "No evidence" Kaspersky software used by Russians for hacks
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSE:CP) Files An 8-K Other Events
- German Airline Lufthansa To Buy Lion's Share Of Air Berlin's Planes
- WH Smith travel sales boosted by tourists splurging on souvenirs
- LG and Apple may partner to make foldable displays for the iPhone