Oculus is at its Connect 4 conference in San Jose, California, where it has announced a new VR headset. He's now revealed that Oculus' wireless Santa Cruz headset will be with developers with in next 12 months.
Oculus Go will cost $199, which is $70 cheaper than Gear VR and $200 cheaper than Rift.
The Go headset was rumored prior to Oculus Connect, considering Facebook had already announced a Santa Cruz self-contained headset prototype a year ago. The headset has a "high-resolution fast-switch LCD screen" running at 2560 x 1440 the company says, which has been tuned to VR use for less screen-door effect. Additionally, it's very unlikely that the Go will support motion controllers like the Windows Mixed Reality headsets, so the VR experience could be quite limited. Gear VR and Oculus Go apps will be binary compatible, too, so that there'll be a healthy number of apps and other VR content available from the get-go.
Intel's new chip to rapidly progress Quantum Computing
The project spans qubit devices, the hardware and software architecture required to control them, as well as quantum applications. QuTech is a research centre for quantum computing, founded by the technical university of Delft and Dutch research lab TNO.
The standalone mobile headset gives Oculus the promise of a renewed low-end mobile strategy that can allow the company to expand beyond their Samsung partnership for Gear VR. Dev kits will ship in November.
The headset will really open up a new market to Oculus, allowing them to move away from relying on phone manufacturers.
- Asbury Automotive Group Inc (NYSE:ABG) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Trailer - 8 Things You Might've Missed
- Ashish Nehra announces retirement, will play last game on November 1
- IN man accused of locking child in cage becomes unresponsive in court
- Central university teachers to get benefit of 7th Pay Commission
- Outlook much different for Texas heading into Red River Showdown
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH) EPS Estimated At $2.57
- On the beaches of Thailand, Smoking is prohibited
- Milky Way overtakes Twix as Colorado's favorite Halloween candy this year
- Man in shark head costume falls foul of Austria anti-veil law