USA retailer Walmart has announced that it is teaming up with August Home and Deliv to test new delivery concepts, which including putting groceries in customers' refrigerators.
Wal-mart's latest partnership, with smart-technology company August Home and same-day delivery service Deliv, is still in the early stages, according to Wal-Mart spokesman Ravi Jariwala. From there, the Deliv employee puts all the groceries away under the remote video surveillance of the homeowner.
Customers can order groceries on-line at walmart dot com-- then someone will deliver them to your home, and put them away in your kitchen.
The service is freakish, to say the least, but it's worth commending the retail giant for progressive thinking.
New Antibody Can Attack 99% Of HIV Strains
It is known as a " broadly neutralising antibody " because it can attack many forms of HIV, even when the virus changes shape. These varieties of HIV - or strains - in a single patient are comparable to those of influenza during a worldwide flu season.
Sloan Eddleston, Vice President of Walmart eCommerce Strategy & Business Operations said via statement that "We're excited to be running this test in Silicon Valley with a handful of August Home customers, all of whom have opted-in to participate in testing this new concept".
Walmart did not disclose a delivery charge for the service. Earlier this year, Walmart submitted a patent application for a drone delivery system that focuses on how packages are received. The company also seemed to anticipate misgivings, or even feelings that the service is creepy and invasive, in the blog post, but made clear that Walmart's first priority right now is to experiment and find services customers want.
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and other brick-and-mortar retailers have been working to make online orders easier for shoppers as they face increasing competition with online retail giant Amazon. Walmart's online sales were up 73 percent year over year in the second quarter of 2017, and groceries accounted for 26 percent of Walmart's USA online sales, BI reported.
- Jose passes Jersey Coast leaving flooding, eroded beaches
- What the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill Would Mean for IL
- Kylie Jenner allegedly Pregnant
- Sam Bradford won't play for Vikings Sunday
- Elisabeth Moss's One-Woman Journey to Destroy the Patriarchy Continues
- Spain to send extra police to try to halt Catalan referendum
- Syrian activist, daughter stabbed to death in Istanbul
- Factors to Note Before Buying CarMax Inc. (KMX)
- Microsoft and Facebook finish laying massive transatlantic internet cable
- North Korea will be 'destroyed' if 'reckless behaviour' continues, promises USA ambassador