Maine's election systems were not targeted by attempted hackers during the 2016 election, according to a press release from the Maine Secretary of State.
The Department of Homeland Security confirmed it had notified the 21 states but declined to identify them Friday.
Cox says that even before Friday's notification, the state did not suspect that hackers had made any attempts to breach Utah elections systems.
The secretary of state's office also says it uses a paper-based system that lets officials examine a voter's intent and can hand-count a race if necessary.
The office earlier has said it had no knowledge of its election systems being targeted.
White House pressures GOP senators to back last-ditch Obamacare repeal bill
McCain said he wouldn't vote for a bill that wouldn't go through the standard legislative process with hearings and testimony. Rand Paul , the Kentucky libertarian, has already come out against Graham-Cassidy because it doesn't repeal all of Obamacare.
"Colorado is considered by DHS to be on that list of 21 states that were impacted".
A Bloomberg News story in June reported that during the 2016 elections, hackers hit voting systems or databases in 39 states.
"We've reached out to local DHS resources as well as federal DHS resources to get more detail on what exactly they are talking about", Timmons said.
Haas says security provided by the state successfully protected Wisconsin's systems. The groups did, however, scan IP addresses associated with the Secretary of State's website for vulnerabilities. Officials are now working to improve voter security in future elections.
State and local officials balked previous year when Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said he planned to designate elections as part of the nation's critical infrastructure, which meant additional security assistance from the federal government.
- Factors to Note Before Buying CarMax Inc. (KMX)
- Manchester City and United in two-horse Premier League title race?
- Kylie Jenner allegedly Pregnant
- In Defiance to US, Iran Unveils New Missile During Parade
- Teenager charged over London Underground attack
- German election: 2 votes, many coalitions and lengthy talks
- Wal-Mart testing service to deliver groceries when you're not home
- Target Expanding Next-Day Delivery Across US
- Syrian activist, daughter stabbed to death in Istanbul
- Charmin hopes lots of toilet paper can flush out the 'Mad Pooper'