"Homosexual conduct should be illegal, yes", Moore told C-SPAN host Bill Press. Do you think that homosexual-homosexuality, or homosexual conduct should be illegal today? As late as 2015, CNN found evidence that Moore's foundation was sharing videos claiming that former President Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim. A spokesperson for Moore's campaign, Noel Fritsch said he wouldn't answer CNN's questions about Moore's current position.
Moore added that he believed homosexual relations should be illegal even in the privacy of two consenting adults' home.
The conservative's comments against "homosexual conduct" were sparked by the 2003 Supreme Court case Lawrence v. Texas - in which the highest court in the land declared state laws banning sodomy unconstitutional.
"Just because it's done behind closed doors, it can still be prohibited by state law", Moore continued.
If you find NCRM valuable, would you please consider making a donation to support our independent journalism?
Moore is a darling of Alabama's evangelical voters after twice being removed from office over stands against gay marriage and for the public display of the Ten Commandments.
Former All-Star Raul Mondesi Sentenced To Eight Years in Prison for Corruption
In 2014, the Royals speedster tweeted a photo of the Mondesi clan including his father titled "Love My Family". He was acquired by the Blue Jays during the 1999 offseason, along with pitcher Pedro Borbon from the Dodgers.
Moore has been a staunch opponent of LGBT rights throughout his career.
Moore has asserted on the campaign trail that Christian scripture should define all USA law and society.
"Did I ask you about having sex with a cow?" Moore told members of the Christian group Citizen Impact USA. If it takes a wall, we should build it. Reflecting the widespread attitude that much is at stake in the runoff, copious amounts of money is being tossed into the race as the Republican challengers prepare to face off next week.
Trump remains extremely popular in Alabama, said unusual, and to have both him and Vice President Mike Pence say they want him will be the difference in the race, as they both believe him to be effective and that he knows how to get things done.
Former Alabama Chief Justice and U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore speaks to supporters in Montgomery.
- Zidane Relieved to Welcome Back Ronaldo into Real Madrid Squad
- Wes Anderson imagines a dark future in stunning 'Isle of Dogs' trailer
- With new headquarters looming, Amazon adds 2K in NYC
- Square Enix shows first Left Alive gameplay footage in new trailer
- Talk About Tax Reform Needs to Turn Into Action
- Dollar extends yen gains in Asia as Fed, BoJ diverge
- Girl, 4, shoots self while grabbing candy in grandma's purse
- United Nations is failing the world, Theresa May tells global leaders
- Yes, Bill Gates regrets Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- Military options won't resolve N. Korean crisis: China