Jose is a large storm, with tropical storm force winds reaching 205 miles from its center.
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) Jose is swirling east of New Jersey, but forecasters are warning of rip currents and coastal flooding.
Here are the peak wind gusts in Southern New England so far with Jose.
While Tropical Storm Jose isn't expected to cause major issues in CT, the storm will pass off the coast of New England and the effects will be felt in CT and our neighbors in Rhode Island and MA.
A tropical storm warning remains in effect along the MA coast from Woods Hole to Sagamore Beach and includes Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
WIND: Tropical storm conditions are expected to begin in the warning area later today.
Comments by MLB commissioner brings up talk of baseball in Portland
Manfred was when pressed about growing in the west, and specifically in Portland. For the good of the sport and the safety of your fans: "extend the nets".
Tropical-storm-force winds are most possible on Cape Cod, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. When the storm is gone, Nantucket will likely have had the highest wind gust because the tropical visitor will get closer to the island than any other landmass. Scattered power outages and tree damage can not be ruled out along the immediate coast within the tropical storm warning area through Thursday.
Jose is a large system. An unofficial observing site in Vineyard Haven on Martha's Vineyard recently reported a sustained wind of 39 miles per hour with a gust to 52 miles per hour, the hurricane center said.
As Jose weakened as a tropical storm off New England on Wednesday morning, it continued to churn up rough surf and create rip currents along the New Jersey coast.
Nantucket...2 to 4 inches.
Coastal flooding is also likely through late week along southeast New England's shorelines with the potential for significant beach erosion, given the high astronomical tides and multiple tide cycles with coastal flooding.
- Just the Facts on AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS)
- Elisabeth Moss's One-Woman Journey to Destroy the Patriarchy Continues
- North Korea will be 'destroyed' if 'reckless behaviour' continues, promises USA ambassador
- Liam Hemsworth Has Something To Say About Same-Sex Marriage In Australia
- What the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill Would Mean for IL
- US Fed announces plan of $4.5 trillion balance sheet reduction
- Automata' sells 2 million copies, may become major franchise in future — NieR
- 'Newton' is India's official entry to Oscars 2018
- Esure Group PLC (ESUR) Receives GBX 268.20 Consensus PT from Analysts
- One herpes accuser steps forward and identifies herself, demands $20 million