HBO and Martin are maintaining secrecy about the exact plot details for each of the shows, except to confirm that they will all be prequels, rather than sequels. Cogman developed the project by working closely with author George R.R. Martin, who cryptically referenced the existence of an additional unconfirmed prequel on his blog months ago (and has now added some new comments on his blog, below).
It's already been reported that Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island), Jane Goldman (Kingsman: The Golden Circle), Brian Helgeland (Legend) and Carly Wray (Mad Men, The Leftovers) are involved in the other four series. Ever. As HBO has officially announced that it is working on a fifth "prequel" series.
Fiat Chrysler recalls 494000 Ram trucks due to fire risk
The recall affects about 443,712 trucks in the United States, 46,220 in Canada and 4,485 outside North America. The recall is scheduled to begin October 20, and owners will be alerted when the service can be performed.
Game of Thrones will return for its eighth and final season on HBO sometime in 2018. Cogman also wrote the second episode of the most recent season, "Stormborn". Martin has cautioned that while five series are now in the works at HBO, not all of them will make it to series, but given the enormous success of "Game of Thrones" it's tough to imagine the network won't at least try to find an audience for two or three of them once the original series comes to a close.
The next installment in George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novel series, "The Winds of Winter", has always been delayed and some fans are already using artificial intelligence to predict where the narrative is headed in the upcoming book. However, as the 7th season recently came to an end, and only one season remains in the Game of Thrones show, fans are continuously looking forward to their next dose of Westeros. HBO programming president Casey Bloys previously said he may only give the green light to one of them.
Martin has also shared that the Game of Thrones prequel will not be an immediate predecessor to the series, such as the events of Robert's Rebellion. On the bright side, a one in five chance of survival is better odds than most of Martin's characters get! With the show's going back in time and Cogman being unofficially dubbed the "lore master" in the writer's room, it is quite the coup to have him on board.
- Girl, 4, shoots self while grabbing candy in grandma's purse
- Dollar extends yen gains in Asia as Fed, BoJ diverge
- State block grants with less money will not solve health care
- Zidane Relieved to Welcome Back Ronaldo into Real Madrid Squad
- Bills not anxious about criticism heading into showdown with Broncos
- MotoGP 2017: Valentino Rossi Passes Medical Test To Make Aragon GP
- Yes, Bill Gates regrets Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- Former All-Star Raul Mondesi Sentenced To Eight Years in Prison for Corruption
- Mercedes-Benz building $1B electric battery, SUV plant in Alabama
- Red Cross working 4 disasters; 220 Wisconsinites deployed to hurricane regions