In an interview with Megyn Kelly, DeGeneres asked Kelly whether she would have Trump on her new daytime talk show Megyn Kelly Today. "Now I'm gonna get bad tweets, but he is who he is, and he has enough attention, he has his Twitter account, he has ways to get his message across".
Ellen added that there is nothing she can say to change him, and she doesn't want him to use her show as an avenue for him to speak his mind. The talk show host also said she feels he is unsafe for her "personally as a gay woman", and for the country and world at large. "I just don't want him on the show".
On Sept. 20, Kelly explained her decision to leave a primetime slot on Fox News during an interview on "The Ellen Show".
"Definitely", Kelly said. "I would not say no to the sitting president of the United States".
Wes Anderson imagines a dark future in stunning 'Isle of Dogs' trailer
Anderson has finally made another stop-motion movie (not to complain; the process is, by its very nature, time consuming). As per usual, Anderson has brought together is whimsical, wild cast of friends for the new film.
"Donald Trump has a way of clarifying one's life choices", she explained after elaborating that she had never been a political person until she joined the primetime slot on Fox News.
Professor McCall, author of the book Viewer Discretion Advised: Taking Control of Mass Media Influences, tells Variety, "Kelly is known as the smart and aggressive news interviewer and now she is going to be trying to appeal to a different kind of audience in a calmer, more featurish setting".
Megyn also explained why, after 12 years working for Fox News, she made a decision to quit the conservative news station. "I just wanted to cover the news".
Kelly and Trump had a public war of words during the 2016 presidential race.
- Arsenal's Danny Welbeck out for at least four weeks with groin injury
- State block grants with less money will not solve health care
- Tammy Abraham agrees to play for Nigeria
- Instagram gives you a new way to embarrass yourself in live video
- Trump teases decision on Iran nuclear deal - but refuses to reveal it
- Talk About Tax Reform Needs to Turn Into Action
- United States considers shooting down NK missiles that don't pose a direct threat
- Military options won't resolve N. Korean crisis: China
- Trump invited to pro-Roy Moore rally in Alabama
- MotoGP 2017: Valentino Rossi Passes Medical Test To Make Aragon GP