She was the first ever verified supercentenarian from Jamaica - and the oldest verified Jamaican person ever.
She became the world's oldest person on April 15 this year at 117 and 38 days, taking the title from Italian Emma Morano, whose life spanned three centuries and was born in 1899. Ms Brown says it was eating cows' feet, reading the Bible and staying away from rum that kept her going.
Mosse-Brown was born in March, 1900 and was the last living subject of Queen Victoria.
Her eldest child, Harold Fairweather, who was believed to be the world's oldest living child with a parent alive, died a few months ago.
Mosse-Brown, who was affectionately known as Aunt V, died at the Fairview Medical Center in Montego Bay, St James, at about 2:30 p.m., according to the Jamaica Observer. Some family members had removed her from her home in Duanvale, Trelawny with other relatives not knowing where she was.
London bombing is reason to expand United States travel ban
The travel ban bars certain people from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from entering the US. His comments drew a rare public statement from GCHQ denouncing the allegation as "utterly ridiculous".
Clearly longevity runs in the family as she passed away with her 97-year-old son by her side, they shared the home together.
Russell, 85, said his mother didn't look well on Saturday and was taken to a doctor who said she was dehydrated. There was also concern that Brown would miss an appointment scheduled with Guinness Book of World Records officials.
Brown's achievement made her a local celebrity.
When the news of her death came, Jamaican Prime Minister Andrew Holness tweeted to offer his condolences.
- Oklahoma State's Rudolph shows National Football League form in rout of Pitt
- Memphis 41, UCLA 31, third quarter
- Dead at Florida Nursing Home that Lost Power During Hurricane
- Global hunger on the rise for first time in decade, United Nations says
- The Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Receives $68.75 Consensus PT from Brokerages
- Major fire breaks out at RK Studio in Mumbai
- Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise is Scarier Without Makeup
- 'At least' four dead in United Kingdom motorway pile-up
- CBSE orders psychometric test of all school staff
- Cassini spacecraft ends 13-year odyssey with fiery plunge into Saturn