Brathwaite, now West Indies Twenty20 captain, was in the middle of an 8,000-mile round trip for this match alone after not being selected for the Test and one-day global legs of the tour.
After a highly contested Test series between England and West Indies that went in favour of the hosts we get ready to embrace the limited-overs format. "Our consistency levels have been up and down so it's all to play for tomorrow".
Even though the decision to rest Stokes on his home ground was widely criticised, Morgan said it was important to manage the workload of the 26-year-old with an important Ashes series in Australia around the corner.
The move to rest the all-rounder for the only worldwide match to be staged at his home ground of Chester-Le-Street has angered some associated with the club.
Windies' white-ball preparations were hampered on Wednesday when their one-day global against Ireland was washed out without a ball bowled.Читайте также: Dreamers, yes; border wall, no
Captain Carlos Brathwaite (3-20) and Kesrick Williams (3-35) then undermined England's comeback.
The last time these teams met in a T20I was the World T20 final where Stokes got hammered by now skipper of the West Indies Carlos Brathwaite.
"I can see both sides of it, of course guys want to see him play", said Morgan.
"As Caribbean players we bring a lot of flair to the game, you can see it in our wicket celebrations, the dance moves and whatnot". Liam Plunkett, Chris Jordan and Tom Curran, who was impressive in his first two matches against South Africa, will probably spearhead the seam attack and David Willey should come in to consideration too following his recovery from injury. The tourists could also pick two spinners in Narine and Ashley Nurse.
Stokes, controversially rested by the European Central Bank, will not be in Durham for the one-off game and nor will Moeen Ali or Chris Woakes but England have picked a strong squad for the match including Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow and Dawid Malan, all of whom were involved in the Test matches.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Florida beats Tennessee with incredible last-second Hail Mary touchdown
- Car, bike owners can afford petrol, says Union minister
- London bombing is reason to expand United States travel ban
- Eight dead in Florida nursing home following Hurricane Irma
- Marshal of Indian Air Force Arjan Singh passes away
- Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise is Scarier Without Makeup
- Bullet train foundation stone laid with eye to Gujarat polls: Congress
- Torkham crossing remains closed on second day after Pak-Afghan border blasts
- Red Bull, Renault to split after 2018 F1 season
- The Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Receives $68.75 Consensus PT from Brokerages